• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat does not accept my serial number.

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have Acrobat XI Pro. I restored my machine, but now Acrobat will not accept my serial number. I tried to call Adobe, but they hung up. So, I called again and she said to go to chat. She said to wait and someone would help. I waited for about 7 hours. I have never seen a company go so far out of its way to give no options for customers to get help.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated…

Adobe provides ongoing support for product activation for all products requiring same, even if the product in question is no longer current or otherwise supported.

The agent should never have either hung up on you or sent you to chat or to these forums.

Call again and make sure you immediately indicate you are having an activation issue. If the agent can't or refuses to assist you, immediately ask for a supervisor who then should be able to immediately assis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after securing your serial number, uninstall acrobat using the control panel

clean per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

restart your computer

reinstall acrobat and activate with your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated…

Adobe provides ongoing support for product activation for all products requiring same, even if the product in question is no longer current or otherwise supported.

The agent should never have either hung up on you or sent you to chat or to these forums.

Call again and make sure you immediately indicate you are having an activation issue. If the agent can't or refuses to assist you, immediately ask for a supervisor who then should be able to immediately assist you.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used some sort of "cleaner" that is supposed to help remove whatever was causing my machine to deny my serial number.

I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Pro XI. Now, it will accept my serial number, but says I do not have the correct version of software loaded. It gives me a bunch of options (software I did NOT download), but will not give me the option to choose the software I did download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your license is for an upgrade version.

when starting your installation you're prompted for your xi serial number.  when the installer fails to find a qualifying product (ie, previous version) installed, you will be presented with a dropdown of possible qualifying products.  select the one you own.  you will then be asked to enter the qualifying products serial number.

enter the correct number at the correct time and installation will proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines