• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat: I don't want any AI in my Adobe Apps. Can AI be turned off?

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want any AI in my Adobe Apps. Can AI be turned off?
In addition, my Acrboat says to update it, but CreativeCloud says it is up-to-date. I click Restart and it crashes.

ACrobat_update_No_UpdatesAvailable.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat , PDF , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Hi @thomasb14279947 and @Raz Naz 

Thanks for reaching out. 

The Acrobat's generative AI features are currently in beta, and the AI Assistant and Generative summary are available for testing and feedback.

To turn off the feature, navigate to Acrobat's Preferences > Generative AI from Menu in Windows and Acrobat in Mac. 
To turn off the generative AI features, deselect Enable generative AI features in Acrobat, then select OK. Restart the application.

AnandSri_1-1708688271718.png

If you are on a Mac machine, and the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you want to pay more for getting less? Or rather, why would we need to pay more just to keep using the same AI-free product that we've always enjoyed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users currently have the option of switching between the old UI (that is free of all the AI garbage) and the new UI which is AI overload. Like all tech companies, Adobe will eventually remove this feature and the old UI will be a thing of the past. I will be willing to pay a premium for continued access to the old UI that doesn't have AI. The AI features are useless to me and I am tired of being prompted to use an AI feature I don't need with every keystroke. If Adobe doesn't provide an AI-FREE product, I will stop using them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other note - the whole point of my post is, I want "less" and would gladly pay for, "less" because all of the AI non-sense is useless to me. I don't need AI, "insights" when reading a document, I don't need unusable AI generated photos that are missing facial features - I tried an AI generated photo of a bike - it was missing a side of the front fork and the rear wheel had no spokes - a 4th grader could have drawn a better picture of a bike. That is why I would gladly pay for, "less."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines