• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat is Incompatible with my Device

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat (64 desktop version) has been working just fine with my device until I installed another Adobe app throught the Creative Cloud desktop.  Originally the acrobat screen would show the pdf file, but the top and side bars that show tools, file, edit, etc. would be blank.  Now when I try to open acrobat it shows a completely blank screen for a few seconds and then exits out of the app. (See screenshot)

Here's a list of things I've done so far to try and fix the problem, but nothing seems to work.

• Uninstalled/reinstalled all Adobe apps
    • Using Creative cloud and adobe.com on a Chrome browser
  • Restarted my computer
  • Check for system updates
  • Confirmed JavaScript is enabled
  • Ran a compatability/troubleshoot report (see screenshot)
    • it says that acrobat is not compatible with windows 8.  However, I'm on windows 10 now.
TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be possible that a differenct licensing track or an older version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (or Adobe Reader DC), was installed before; some old files may be still be lingering.

In which case , that could be the reason why it is detecting an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Chelsi281596603py8 

Two other questions:

• What version of Acrobat do you have installed?
  • What was the other Adobe app you just installed?

You might want to contact Adobe Customer Care, as they can look at your screen and we can't.

Try the link to auto-open the Chat and ask for an "agent":
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen 

If your browser blocks the Chat window, try the troubleshooting tips here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

If you can't find out why your browser is blocking Chat, you can send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines