• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat is PAINFULLY slow to edit doc

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a PDF created by another company and simply wanted to delete a few fields and add a company logo.  The app is so slow I can barely use it...  Just to move the logo I've pasted using the arrow keys is an excruciatingly slow process.  Moving left or right or up or down "5 clicks" can take 30 seconds.  Seriously adsurd...  I.e.  Get up and walk away from the machine while it is trying to move an image within the document or even simply scroll.

Yes, my machine can handle this app.  Brand new iMac w/ 256gb of ram.  Acrobat acts like I'm using an Intel Pentium from the mid-90s.  I run Illustrator all day / every day without an issue.  Acrobat is unusable.

Surely there's a solution???????

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Hey Daniel

we are sorry for the trouble. 

Please make sure that you have the latest version of the application (20.006.20042) Go to Help > Check for Updates.

If it still doesn't work please try the following steps

If it still doesn't work, pleas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

the solution was changing the preferences, as documented earlier in the case. it did not require uninstall / reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you update your Acrobat Cleaner link? It doesn't go anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

i know the post is really old but its the answer with most hits for my problem. it is exactly as described and i made the changes to my preferences as stated in a very early post by you regarding changing prefs to turn off protective mode etc. this is the solution for me..turning protective mode off and acrobat runs like a dream once more. BUT why have i got to turn off security measures, just to mske the app work correctly. as so much time has passed, is there a better solution?

im win 10 build 19044.1826 up-to-date

acrobat pro v.2022.001.20169 64bit also up-to-date and fully uninstalled and re-installed that didnt solve the problem. only switching off protective mode does it.

any help appreciated.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and I don't have the installation media any longer. Can I download the installation files and where in the installed Acrobat X Pro (10.1.16) will I find the registration info to reinstall and register again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solution was changing the preferences, as documented earlier in the case. it did not require uninstall / reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not acceptable , Adobe has no problem collecting their fee but they foist a usless product upon us for years . I have tried every fix with no improvement . This is not useable and you should not be charging us for it or maybe YOU SHOULD FIX IT !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please update the application to the new version 23.08.2042X from the help menu . Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please guide acrobat pro dc is too slow even when you are reading pdfs related to drawings. what can be done ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and this garbage is extremely slow.  Too much money for a software that needs A LOT of improvement.  OVERRATED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% and still is as of 10.19.23.  Maybe even worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Pro and the OS you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat?

Is this an issue with a particulr PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different file and see if that works. A small video recording of the workflow and the issue would be very helpful.

Also, make sure you have the Acrobat updated to the latest version 23.06.20360. Go to help > check for updates and reboot the computer.

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pro 2023.006.20360

The entire program for several years on at least 2 laptops. 

I have auto-updates.

This basic customer service crap won't fix poor design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If you are on the new Acrobat, we acknowledge that it represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the feedbacks and we will address them with the highest priority.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the “Menu” on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS.  For more info about the new Acrobat please check the page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/learn-about-new-acrobat/td-p/14078856

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat offers a comprehensive suite of PDF tools but falls short due to its frustratingly slow editing performance. Simple tasks become tedious, and resource demands lead to system lag on older devices. The shift to a costly subscription model adds to the frustration. While it remains a go-to choice for PDF management, users should explore alternative editors for speedier editing. Adobe must address this critical performance issue to maintain its status as an industry leader in PDF software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We concur.  We use Adobe Acrobat Pro and editing pdfs while sometimes responsive, it eventually bogs down and starts to lag like an oldschool 90's machine which creates a dreadful user experience and it craters productivity.  There really is no excuse for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to resolve my issue and I think I've identified the source of the lag issues.  When I log into my Adobe via my work account and download/install Adobe Acrobat Pro (AAP), the download file is a small 3 megabyte installer file, that, when run downloads/installs AAP.  This install is the one that lags out after a few minutes of use which renders the app virtually useless and impossible to use.  I suspect this installer is lagging out because of a hidden (broken?) connections to Adobe's cloud.

Resolution: 

The ADMIN for our company's account logged in, which has a totally different set of menus and they created an installer package for Adobe Acrobat Pro (AAP) and downloaded that.  It is much much larger the 3 megabyte file used in the above procedure and this installer installs AAP which has NO lag issues at all.  

I hope this helps anyone else after 3+ years.  Come on Adobe, you NEED to do better on resolving these issues on your own.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use PDFSuite - it's so much  better and less expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running Acrobat Pro 2020 (Classic) for Mac OS and this is a killer. I've asked how to remove and go back to a previous version but can't seem to get answers on either question. What is going on with Adobe? This issue appears to have been out there for awhile and yet they don't seem to be doing anything. Why???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines