• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Licensing Application Blank Screen

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just purchased a new iMac with M1 chip and executed migration assistant to transfer everything from old Mac to new one.  When I try to open a PDF, It displays the "Sign In Required" screen and when I click 'Sign in Now', the window expands to a completely blank rectangle except the title bar naming Acrobat Licensing Application.  Any ideas on what to do??

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Found the answer: used the Creative cloud cleaner and then I was able to enter my credentials in theAcrobat Licensing Application window

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you have mentioned, you have recently purchased the new iMac and when trying to access the Acrobat you receive the blank Acrobat Licensing Application window. The issue occurs when the directory permissions are modified when you migrate orupgrade from older OS. Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/licensing-application-hangs-mac.html

We have checked that you are using the Adobe Acrobat 17 version, you may also refer to the similar discussion on the following community thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-licensing-application-hangs-after-login-on-mac-os-10-....

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer: used the Creative cloud cleaner and then I was able to enter my credentials in theAcrobat Licensing Application window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm - thank you!  Was on the phone for 90 minutes with Adobe support - 4 uninstall / reinstalls - nothing - this worked in 3 mins!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use Acrobat Pro 2020 after migrating to a MacBook Pro, M1 Max, Monterey OS 12.0.1.

I've tried granting permission using the Terminal command, that didn't work.  I've deleted OOBE file, that didn't work.  The sudo command also didn't fix the problem.  Still getting blank Licensing Application window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and cannot find any resolution. Tried the sudo command, tried fully uninstalling and reinstalling everything adobe, restarted my computer numerous times. This is REALLY impacting my work productivity. Need a solution ASAP Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY figured it out. I used the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to clean and delete everything. Then, next time I opened the Adobe Acrobat Application the Acrobat Licesnsing Application worked! It was no longer blank but allowed me to go through the sign in process. This actual working solution took only a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read this thread? The answer was posted in this thread back in August 2021.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any further details about using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner to solve this problem would be really appreciated - when I launch this tool, I don't see "Acrobat" as one of the options to clean up. What file did you select? Or did you just remove every Adobe product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just removed every product! I don't use the other Creative Cloud
applications, however, only Adobe Acrobat. So I wasn't worried about losing
data. Not sure if it would be advisable if there is a risk of losing any
data?!

*Nicole Iman*
*Every Shelter*
*Co-founder, CPO*
[Edited]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this as well even tough I use no other Adobe products other than Acrobat.  The Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool worked for me as well when I selected "Adobe ID Credentials."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this worked for me. I hand to download Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool from a sketchy website since it's not easy to get from Adobe.com.

I chose Cleanup on the "Adobe ID Credentials" confirming really deleting stuff.

My System: 
MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2018
2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
macOS Ventura 13.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I launched the cleaner tool and selected "Adobe ID Credentials", then the "cleanup selected" button. That done, I went back and opened Acrobat and it took me to a login page that worked! So I'd just start there before deleting everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the direction to resolve Acrobat Licensing Application Blank Screen on new Mac M1 computer here:   https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/licensing-application-hangs-mac.html

Solution 1 using Terminal did not work for me, but Solution 2: Delete the OOBE folder did work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both these fixes... needless to say, they did not fix the issue. Still can't to get the licensing application to load. Trying to use Adobe 2020 on Monterrey 12.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution for me was to create a new Administrator account on my M1 MacBook Pro Max. I logged into the new administrator account and setup my Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 in the new account, logged out and deleted the new administraot account. From then on I can open Acrobat Pro in my original administrator account. I love Adobe final products but add my voice to complaints about thier poor behind the scenes work-around bugs and customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works.  I have my computer with an account solely for installs, and I have configured it to share any install across all users on the computer.  It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me — finally a solution that worked after all the others did not. I tried the OOBE permissions and reboot, deleting the OOBE folder and reboot, and running the sign-in from terminal once with SUDO. None of those worked. Put signing out of my main user and signing in under my "other" admin account (which I have for emergenies), and registering from there, finally worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. After updating to a MacBook Pro M2 Max I was unable to get Acrobat 2017 to work on my new mac. I had the same blank sign-in screen issue. I created a new admin account and installed for all users there. It allowed me to sign in and is now working across all accounts. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creating a new administrator account and downloading to be used by all users also worked for me. Deleted OOMA and terminal addition did nothing. Macbook Pro M3Pro running Sonoma 14.2.1. Many thanks to the rods59570291!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines