Acrobat Loads Reader Instead?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User complains that he cannot rotate a PDF like he could two weeks ago. Research shows he is using Adobe Acrobat DC 64-bit. But when I click on a PDF it loads Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit. If I go to Help, the first option is Acrobat *Reader* Help.

At the bottom of that window is Check for Updates. When I click that it says:
No Updates Available
Installed: Adobe Acrobat DC 64-bit

What the hell? It seems to be autoloading Reader when it should load Acrobat? I ran the repair tool, no help. Has anyone seen this? Any help?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to log out of the user's Adobe account and then log back in, using the Sign In/Sign Out menu in Help. It's possible that the login got messes up, and Acrobat is falling back to the unlicensed case. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a Windows machine?  If so, right-click on a PDF in your finder, and choose Open with..., search for Acrobat, and also select the Always open with this app to open .pdf files.  In theory, this should register Acrobat as your default PDF handler with your OS.

openwacrobat.png

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines