• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat maintaining lock on document after closing in windows

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, trying to get some help on a small problem that is irritating. This has been happening for some time across multiple updates of Acrobat Pro on Windows 10. It continues to happen with the newest updated version (22.003.20282.0).  It happens on two different computers both running Windows 10 and updated versions of Acrobat.

I will close a document and then go to move the folder and Windows wont let me until I completely close Acrobat. It seems to keep grip on the document and makes Windows think it is still open and in use.

Thank you for any ideas on how to solve this.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @solracae 

Hope you are doing well.

I will close a document and then go to move the folder and Windows wont let me until I completely close Acrobat. It seems to keep grip on the document and makes Windows think it is still open and in use.

There's likely a chance that the document's extension is still open in the background processes. Try these steps and see if it helps

1- Restart the computer.

2- Open Task Manager>Processes> select the Acrobat processes and End Task.

3- Open Acrobat> Open a document, close and check back

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your repy Akanchha, this problem has been happening for months and persists through restarts and updates. If I simply close Acrobat it then allows me to move the file. I just dont want to have to close the application to be able to move a closed document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The document extension is still open in a background process is almost certainly the case. Has adobe not had other reports of this happening consistently? Its been happening on two computers in my office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines