• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat only Scanning First Page

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat had been working great until today.  I was scanning multipage documents no problem.  Now, out of the blue, acrobat will pull all of the pages through the scanner but only first page shows up scanned within acrobat.  I can add single pages to that original scan but I want to scan multi-page documents all at once again.  I uninstalled and re-installed my printer/scanner and still no luck.  I am going to try and uninstall and reinstall acrobat here shortly.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi,

This issue stands fixed now.

Please check for the updates.

This should work fine now with this release of Acrobat.

Thanks for the patience.

Regards,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation on this.

As correctly mentioned by Gaurav, the fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked for updates and my software is up to date.  Using Adobe Acrobat 2020 (20.005.30334)

By @neilp82197267

That is not the latest version of Acrobat as of the date of your post.

Check Adobe's release webpage https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Current versions:

Windows 2022 22.001.20117

Mac 2022 22.001.20112

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and have all updates.  Any other ideas/answers out there, that you know of.  So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Missy,

We have requested for some more details on your original community port. Please continue the discussion there to proceed further. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and scan a multiple page document I only get the first page.
Updates are current and using an HP OfficeJet 5200 series, same one I have
always used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missy,

I had to call Adobe Tech Support and the agent rolled my Adobe back to 2020.009.20065.  Then they stopped it from doing updates to keep it there. The HP is set to: HP Officejet Pro 9010 series TWAIN in the Adobe scan settings. I have an HP Officejet Pro 9010.  Once he rolled it back to that version I am able to scan all pages at once.  It does take a minute to think about it so you have to be patient.  Not sure if this will help you.

I have Win 11

HP Officejet Pro 9010 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue just cropped up for me. Suddenly, I can only scan one page through the document feeder. It has been working fine for several years. So, I downloaded the latest DC update, 2022.003.20282, installed it, and restarted everything. No luck.  Only the first page is processed, even though other pages successfully go through the ADF. Acer PC, Windows 10, HP scanner HP7C0137 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 series).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DebSchopf 

I hope you are doing well, and I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please ensure you have installed the latest HP printer/scanner driver and firmware version. Check for any latest and pending updates from HP's official website and install them.

For testing purposes only, go to the Preferences option of the Acrobat, go to Security (enhanced) > turn off "Enable Protected Mode at startup and Protected View" Off & un-check: Enable Enhanced Security, click OK, restart the app and try scanning.

Note: Turning off the protected mode and other security options are only for testing purposes. Please enable it back after the test for security purposes.

Let us know how it goes, and share your observations.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe tech support roll back mine to version 2020.009.20065

It is still working as of today 11/28/2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RayLee505 

Hope you are doing well.

I see that you are using an old version of the application.  It is not recommended to use the outdated version of the application as you would not be getting the new features and security updates.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, would you mind sharing the version of the OS and the printer/scanner driver make and model you are using? Check for any latest and pending updates from the official website and install them.

For testing purposes only, go to the Preferences option of the Acrobat, go to Security (enhanced) > turn off "Enable Protected Mode at startup and Protected View" Off & un-check: Enable Enhanced Security, click OK, restart the app and try scanning.

Note: Please turn on the security after the testing to avoid any security risk.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My printer will not feed automatically using newer drivers. The Adobe tech rolled back the drivers to a point that it would work and then turned off auto updates so it would continue to work. I am not sure if it is an HP problem solely or an interface problem between HP and Adobe. Adobe Tech support ran me through different releases and this is the one that made it work.

Maybe a newer release would work now but I do not want to take the chance that if it doesn’t work and then I will have to wait for tech support to correct it which took 3 hours on the phone and that was once I was I was actually able to speak to tech support. I am not sure what features I am lacking but at this point I don’t find anything worth that much of my time to make an ADF work.

If someone wants to set up an appointment with tech support in advance so I do not have to spend time on hold to make this work that might me an option.

Thank you for your feedback.

Rene Sanders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as above using Acrobat Pro (CC) from Windows 11 to via wireless connection to an Epson ET-3750 attempting to scan about six pages via the ADF. Only scans first page although it processes all pages. Very frustrating. 

Using same setup and Epson Scan 2 app able to scan via the ADF all pages of s multi page document. 

Please help. Thank you very much on Thanksgiving Day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

Have you tried the steps provided in the correct answer shared in the earlier response.  Also, please check for any missing/pending updates for printer driver and firmware and try updating it and see if that works. You may also try to remove the printer driver , reboot the computer and reinstall the printer driver from the manufacturers website and see if that works.

Also, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines