• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat PDF Printer Will Not Install on a Microsoft Surface Pro 11 with Snapdragon Processor

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new MS Surface Pro 11 with a SnapDragon processor and cannot for the life of me get the Acrobat PDF printer to install.

During the intial install, the installer says that it can't find a file, ADOBEPDF.DLL, but the file exists in the location that it is looking for it.  I manually selected the file and let the installer continue.  When it is done, Acrobat seems to work just fine, but the printer doesn't get installed.

I followed the steps to install the printer manually, but it eventually throws an error message, "Printer driver was not installed.  The system cannot find the file specified."  I tried several of the Adobe PDF Convertors that get listed as well as trying the sixth one in the list but they all give the same error message.

This lead me to the patch that Adobe has for the printer not installing, which I ran and it also came up with the dialog about not being able to locate ADOBEPDF.DLL.  I pointed it to the file, but it didn't help and after the patch completed there was still no printer.

I suspect this is an incompatibility with the ARM processor, but don't know this for sure.  Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Modern Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024
It’s only day one and also had an issue with some accounting software too but luckily that and the adobe issue were resolved so fingers crossed windows 11 on the surface pro 11 continue to work well for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I tried repairing the installation and also reinstalling. No joy. SP11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming this. 

After speaking further with Microsoft, Adobe will need to update and recompile their drivers for the ARM architecture. Who knows when or if this will happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... seems we jumped the gun too fast getting the MS Surface with Snapdragon ARM... Grrr.... @#$%@$@^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you found a way to install the acrobat pdf printer yet, but i too was frustrated after buying a ms sp11 and keyboard yesterday and unable to see the printer nor the adobepdf.inf while setting up my device that i rely heavily on printing, and emailing pdf's from acrobat. After seeing your trials and error i decided to chat with adobe before returning the tablet. The representative sent me a link to uninstall my 64bit acrobat install and another link to install the 32bit app and the printer showed up instantly, and works identical to acrobat on my intel and amd surface laptops

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. I returned the Surface Pro. Had other issues with it being ARM. Many vendors have software that is not compatible. I will wait til there are more of those computers in the hands of end users.

Jack Bursztyn

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in this message. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Material transmitted which is protected by the attorney-client privilege, which is reviewed in error by other than individual intended for receipt, shall not constitute a waiver of the attorney-client privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete the material from any computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this info.

It's especially interesting as I thought that Windows 11 and the emulator no longer supported 32-bit apps.  I'm not sure where I got that from but, apparently, that isn't correct.

At any rate, 64-bit Acrobat seems to be performing well for me, so I'll stick with it for now and I am simply using the Microsoft print-to-PDF printer that comes with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s only day one and also had an issue with some accounting software too but luckily that and the adobe issue were resolved so fingers crossed windows 11 on the surface pro 11 continue to work well for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're delighted to hear that your issue has been resolved. If you need any further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine isnt working and having a Microsoft printer driver is no soultion. I am going to seek a refund on my Acrboat 2020 DC, if your company doesnt have solution... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you update me on this issues? there are limitations with the Microsoft print-to-PDF printer. hence the reason that I made expensive purchase in your company software to use PDF printer, not in-house printer such as Microsoft PDF Printer.  Fix it or I will seek a refund

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rodrigo22160188mpti  @jackb86175400 @Sam382093780bae : Please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue. 

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up installing the 32bit version. Print to PDF works, but now I'm getting random blue screens of death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 64-bit version and the application itself has been working for me, but the Adobe Acrobat PDF printer will not install, so I have to use the Microsoft PDF printer supplied with Windows 11.  This has been working fine so far, but it is not as feature rich as the Acrobat printer is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tariq Dar , we replied to your question and both of us are still experiencing issues.  Will you be following up on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies, @Rodrigo22160188mpti @Samuel266615763ye6 
Our product engineering team is currently triaging this issue in-house. If we need assistance in reproducing it, I might contact you privately and set up a meeting, I hope that would be possible. 

Thank you for your patience and help. 

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tariq Dar , thanks for the reply.  Feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance with Acrobat on my Surface Pro 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2024 Aug 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you update me on this issues? there are limitations with the Microsoft print-to-PDF printer. hence the reason that I made expensive purchase in your company software to use PDF printer, not in-house printer such as Microsoft PDF Printer.  Fix it or I will seek a refund

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all - @Rodrigo22160188mpti @don_4625 @Samuel266615763ye6 @Greentee 

I am still evaluating this issue using various parameters. 
One thing worth mentioning is that Acrobat is mainly supported by Intel and AMD processors: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements.html.

I found that SnapDragon processors can run ARM-based applications and programs. We support ARM architecture in simulation mode onlyhttps://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/arm-processor-support-on-windows.html, which is available for 32-bit Acrobat only. 

@don_4625: Would you let me know which processor your SurfacePro is using? You can try system info on your device to check the Processor Name and type

Let me know if you have more questions.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is Asus Vivobook S 15. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no solution to this problem.. still it doesnt work. why is Adobe sold me a softraware it doesnt work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @don_4625. Thanks for the swift reply. I am sending you a Private message. Please help me with the requested information.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Intel and AMD suck. ARM is the future. for the money Adobe makes, you think Adobe would get this issue fix. It's a very easy fi. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines