• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2020 Crashing When Closing After File Combine

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have three users who frequently combine PDF files into portfolios.  If they have multiple PDF files open and go to Windows Explorer and select two or more PDF files and right-click and choose Combine files in Acrobat... and then choose the Portolio option before combining, and combine the files.  The combine works fine but when they close that Adobe Acrobat window, Acrobat crashes and all other open Acrobat windows close.

The error that shows up in the Event Viewer is:

Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 20.5.30334.10334, time stamp: 0x62519c18
Faulting module name: Acrobat.dll, version: 20.5.30334.10334, time stamp: 0x62519c0e
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00121a59
Faulting process id: 0x10ce4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d88002d7b715ae
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2020\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2020\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll
Report Id: ebd77e9d-cbdd-498a-b457-bd283cee1610
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Are you on a personal computer or an IT-managed work computer?

As you have the recent version of the application installed, please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

Also, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of your suggestions and none of these resolved the issue.  In answer to your question, this is on three computers that are on a Windows domain at work.  I work in IT and have been trying to help these three users resolve this issue, which has been going on for months but has recently gotten to be more frequent.  Almost every time they try to combine files this crash now occurs.

Thanks,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith

We are sorry to hear that. Please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and Adobe Crash logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html so that we can isolate the issue for the fix.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the files but when I try to share them I get a message that says I can't share that file type.  Is there another way I can get the files to you?

Thanks,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see my June 16th response?  Is there an alternative to upload the files to you?

Thanks,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

I am sorry to keep you waiting. You may share the requested files via any cloud storage (Google Drive, One Drive etc) create the link and share the link with us so that we can access the files.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

Thanks for sharing the logs, however, we are unable to access the log files as its asking to login to continue as shown in the screenshot below:

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 22-12-02 Authenticate Louisiana Legislative Auditor Secure File Transfer.png

You may share the requested files via any cloud storage (Google Drive, One Drive etc) create the link and share the link with us so that we can access the files.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just enter your e-mail address and you will receive a link to allow you to access the files.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines