Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro crashes after opening

Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can install and open Acrobat Pro DC as a domain administrator, but as soon as I log in as a user it closes immediately after opening.  I've tried uninstalling with the cleanup tool and reinstalling, activating/deactivating it, repair install, making the user a temporary administrator, opening it under the local admin account, updated it, ran repair installation, installed all available windows updates/runtimes, Acrobat Pro DC refuses to stay open however under the user's profile.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing good. Thanks all for your time and patience on this and for your cooperation and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat.

Please try the solutions shared in the following articles and let us know if you are still experiencing the crash issue: 

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

I reccomend calling Tech support, they walked me through getting it to work again. What he did in this case is, I had an employee having issues with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, He went through and cleared out the local user Creds in Credential Manager. But the big change he made was to Uninstall Acrobat DC and Creative Cloud, and then downloaded creative cloud cleaner and acrocleaner to remove all the old files etc... Then went and downloaded the 32 Bit version of Acrobat DC. According to him the 32 B

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 159 Replies 159
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here since this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am from Adobe Acrobat team.  We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We would need some more details for the issue you are facing, to understand them better and work on the fix. It would be grateful if you could please help us with the following information.

1. Log files from your machine. To capture the logs, please download Adobe log collector tool from here and run it. It will generate a ".zxp" file on your machine. Please share the .zxp file or its number here with us.
  2. If needed, would you be willing to join a call with Adobe to help us debug the issue on your machine? 

Thanks again!

Regards

Somya Goel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just working with one of my users who had this same issue since her computer updated to Adobe Acrobat DC Version 21.0002.20149 yesterday.

I updated Adobe Creative Cloud in the hopes of being able to use it to revert Adobe Acrobat DC, but the option for previous versions wasn't available.

Fortunately, it seems the update of Adobe Creative Cloud resolved my user's issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening Adobe Acrobat PC, it cahshes and message pops up:

Acrobat.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x0..07655709A referenced memory at 0x0..0720065. The memory could not be read.

Click OK to terminate the program

It was working fine until earlier today. Windows performed update 2 days ago.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is this happening? and which version of Microsoft Windows?

What happens if you click on "Help"--->>> "Repair Installation"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winodws 10 Version 20H2

Adobe Acrobat DC (21.001.20149)

Tried the Repair Installation teice. Completes, then same error-crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Same Adobe DC version. Windows version 10.0.19042

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am from Adobe Acrobat team.  We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We would need some more details for the issue you are facing, to understand them better and work on the fix. It would be grateful if you could please help us with the following information.

1. Log files from your machine. To capture the logs, please download Adobe log collector tool from here and run it. It will generate a ".zxp" file on your machine. Please share the .zxp file with us here or share the zxp number
  2. If needed, would you be willing to join a call with Adobe to help us debug the issue on your machine? 
  3. Is CCDA installed ? If yes, which version ?
  4. Is CCDA running ?

Thanks again!

Regards

Somya Goel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Acrobat for years without issue. Starting yesterday, the program cannot stay open. If the program is started, even from the Start menu without a document, it opens for a few seconds, there's a wait cursor, then it closes. The Acrobat.exe file is dated April 13, 2021 and Explorer Details page gives the version as 21.1.20149.431161. Operating system is Windows 10 Pro. The system event log gives this:

- System
- Provider
[ Name] Application Error
- EventID 1000
[ Qualifiers] 0
Version 0
Level 2
Task 100
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x80000000000000
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2021-04-19T10:41:40.2205068Z
EventRecordID 54353
Correlation
- Execution
[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0
Channel Application
Computer CLB3Main
Security
- EventData
Acrobat.exe
ntdll.dll
a0caab76
c0000374
000e6a73
01d7350892486e90
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
80792611-6f57-470a-b503-4a23441aeabb

I tried the Repair function from the Control Panel. It did not fix the issue. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. When are you going to fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 (x20 people in our office).  Same issue.  Program opens and slams shut about a minute later.  Most current version, no updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

1. Log files from your machine. To capture the logs, please download Adobe log collector tool from here and run it. It will generate a ".zxp" file on your machine. Please share the .zxp file with us. Click here to download
  3. Is CCDA installed ? If yes, which version ?
  4. Is CCDA running ?

Thanks again!

Regards

Somya Goel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I have executed the log collector and attached the results (it is also uploaded). I would be happy to join a call concerning this (my number is below).

Charlie
{Personal info removed by mod: Phone number}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log uploaded........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I just uploaded the log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  we need name of th efile upladed to get it from another team, can you please share the file name or upload the .zxp file here/shared location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeLogs_20210419_115859_622-win.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeLogs_20210419_120904_607-win.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploaded file name: AdobeLogs_20210419_115148_895-win.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCDA is not running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And which version is installed on your system? Can you please check if Acrobat crashes even after CCDA is launched?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Creative Cloud is running, Acrobat does not crash. When I close CCDA, Acrobat again fails. I have version 4.5.0.331.

Per other posts, I upgraded Creative Cloud, which did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded my log file:

The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal:

File: AdobeLogs_20210419_123531_431-win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Windows 10 properly updatet. I have no clue where to find the logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines