Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro crashes after opening

Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can install and open Acrobat Pro DC as a domain administrator, but as soon as I log in as a user it closes immediately after opening.  I've tried uninstalling with the cleanup tool and reinstalling, activating/deactivating it, repair install, making the user a temporary administrator, opening it under the local admin account, updated it, ran repair installation, installed all available windows updates/runtimes, Acrobat Pro DC refuses to stay open however under the user's profile.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing good. Thanks all for your time and patience on this and for your cooperation and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat.

Please try the solutions shared in the following articles and let us know if you are still experiencing the crash issue: 

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

I reccomend calling Tech support, they walked me through getting it to work again. What he did in this case is, I had an employee having issues with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, He went through and cleared out the local user Creds in Credential Manager. But the big change he made was to Uninstall Acrobat DC and Creative Cloud, and then downloaded creative cloud cleaner and acrocleaner to remove all the old files etc... Then went and downloaded the 32 Bit version of Acrobat DC. According to him the 32 B

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 159 Replies 159
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we have tried all the troubleshooting steps and still the issue remains unresolved, you may contact our technical team by clicking the dotted icon in the lower right corner in the link -Contact us | Adobe, they can take the remote access of your computer and help you with further troubleshooting on this issue.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After re-installing the program in 3 different ways and formatting the laptop twice.
The problem is with Windows 10 1903, now I have version 1809.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.......not working again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues, As soon as machine upgraded to 1903 Acrobat DC is dead. Opens for around 3-5 Seconds then it closes with no errors. Tried to reinstall. Cleaned out preferences surely the answer cannot be downgrade to 1809 Adobe thats an absolute joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After years of working fine, this just started happening for us. Possibly a *bit* different; in our case, Acrobat would pop up, and then after maybe 3-5 seconds, another window would pop up; this window was entirely blank.  Then after another second or so, both would disappear.

Removing and reinstalling didn't help, nor did adding the registry key mentioned in Adobe's fix.

It turns out, it appears that extra window was trying to tell us we had exceeded our 3 concurrent login locations, but for some reason was failing.  I know this because the "fix" was to use another Adobe app... I brought up Illustrator, and along with it popped up the window asking me to log out of another location.  I did, and then closed Illustrator, and then brought up Acrobat Pro.  It then worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carolyn29135372te76 

Thank you for sharing your observation and steps to resolve the issue.

For future reference, you can see this article about the device activation limit for Adobe apps and how to manage the activation https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html 

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great that you're trying out Linux OS, specifically the latest version of Ubuntu, on your garage computer. Since you're new to Linux, it's understandable that you're facing some challenges. I can help address your two problems.

1. Wireless Adapter (Linksys WUSB11): To get your wireless adapter working, you may need to install the appropriate driver. Start by checking if the driver is included in the Ubuntu repository. You can do this by opening the "Additional Drivers" application in Ubuntu and see if it detects any drivers for your wireless adapter. If not, you may need to search for the driver online or on the Linksys website. Make sure to download a driver compatible with your Ubuntu version. Once downloaded, follow the installation instructions provided with the driver package.

2. Printer (Brother MultiFunctionCenter 4420): To set up your Brother printer, you'll need to install the correct driver. Brother provides Linux drivers for their printers on their official website. Visit the Brother support website and search for your printer model. Download the Linux driver package suitable for your Ubuntu version and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit). Follow the installation instructions provided by Brother to install the printer driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William30542608427b ,

Thank you for these tips!

I couldn't find in this thread any user who is  using Linux OS  that needs help with printing and installing drivers. 

Did you mean to post your reply in another thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've ran into this problem where Adobe Acrobat would open, then immediately close. I've managed to fix it so I'm sharing my fix on threads relating to this problem hoping it'll help others.

My issues was this:

I opened the app from CC (or from opening a PDF). The app would open but close after about 3-5 seconds. I did this for a few times and saw that in the bar at the top of the window, there was a "Sign In" button, right where the account usually is in my other CC apps. Before closing, a small window appeared to pop up in the middle of the screen, but it just disappeared in an instant. Then the app would close, even if it managed to open any PDF I wanted.

What I tried:

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. 

I tried this fix: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-closes-after-launch.html but it did nothing. Plus it's a weird fix for Adobe to suggest, but anyway.

Then I came upon this thread: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Here, Solution 4 guided me to try opening "acrodist". When opening it, the same small window popped up in the middle of the screen, this time staying opened and indicating an error with my account, and an error code 205, with a prompt to contact support.

When searching for a fix for error code 205, I found this thread: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-licensing-error-205.html

Another seemingly weird fix, but I tried it anyway. And this worked for me. If you do try it, here are the steps:

1. Press WIN-R and type in CMD

2. Type in the text below:

for /F "tokens=1,* delims= " %G in ('cmdkey /list ^| findstr /c:"Adobe App "') do cmdkey /delete %H

3. Hit Enter/Return

4. Wait for all the text prompts to stop. Then try launching Acrobat. This worked for me. 

I find it wild that 1. this is a problem that has been persisting for so many years, 2. That Adobe doesn't implement an automatic fix for a seemingly basic "just clear the auth tokens when you install/reinstall" feature that breaks a core app on their suite we pay a literal ton for. 3. That none of the support here on the community forum correctly identified and pointed to this absolutely basic fix, instead recommending wild things like deleting app preferences or running "tools" that don't seem to work in most cases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it didn't work, I still get the crash immediately when trying to sign in and everything disappears. This sucks. I will call support when I have time. At least windows can read PDF files. Maybe I should just jettison Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines