• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro Crashing Constantly on M1 Mac

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acobat Pro seems to crash constantly when attempting to edit larger PDF files. Full uninstall/reinstall is not helping. Running on a M1 Mac, Big Sur 11.5.1. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are investigating the issue at our end and will revert back on this shortly.

Meanwhile, i would request you to please mention your email id while submitting application crash report. Once done please share the email id over a private message, we will reach out to you for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already shared crash reports on my first reply in this discussion thread.

Attached are more crash reports taken from today. I have sent you a private message with my email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant tell exactly when it started but recently Acrobat Reader PC keeps crashing and freezing on my Mac.  It is up to date and I have re-installed. My Mac is running the latest version of OS Big Sur 11.2.3  Please help!  I need to be able to use PDF for work and it is completley impractical to keep shutting it down and restarting.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ppdmonline

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Acrobat Reader DC is freezing and crashing.

- Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps that you are doing that leads to freeze/crash?

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

- What is the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help> About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20145 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once and check.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Also, please check out the steps suggested in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I will answer your questions as best as I can:

1. The freeze happens anytime, or almost anytime I open a PDF that I need to input figures in, or a form I need to fill out.  It also happens when I try to edit a PDF that had already been signed or modified.   The freeze does not affect the rest of the programs open, or the OS, so just force quitting works, I do not need to restart the Mac, but it obviously is not very practical.  It does not happen immediately... so I get to modify maybe a couple of lines, before it gets unresponsive.  Or scroll down a page and then it becomes unresponsive.  

2. It happens with all different kinds of PDF files, like I said.  It is not with just one.  

3. The version is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v.2021.001.20145

I will try what you suggest and repost if it gets fixed.  thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Mac computers for 5, maybe 6/yrs now, and Acrobat DC has been an issue for me since day 1. Every version of the software on every Mac i've owned constantly freezes, crashes, etc. I bought a 15" spec'd out macbook pro thinking maybe my computers were just too slow, but i still have the exact same issues. And adobe is the only software i have a problem with. 

Using acrobat DC is the worst part of my day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. The new optional update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available. Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

You may also check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html and see if that works .

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says my version is up-to-date. I'm on 2021.008.20096

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting today, I have same issues with Adobe Pro DC. O spent over half a day trying to fix...I already update all apps including Macos. It is something that you can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described the application is crashing.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works for you.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Also make sure you have the most recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and sreboot the computer once.

Also check out the steps shared in the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this and it still crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you're working off of a server?

When I started working off of my desktop the crashing stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, I can confirm. It's accentuated when connected to server. I have so many problems with Big Sur and external NAS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As the issue is observed when connected to sever, please check the server setting at your end and see if that helps.

Thanks.

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really unhelpful response.

I have the same problem working from a server. All the other iMacs and Macbooks work fine, it seems more related to working from a Macbook using M1 processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!

The server is NOT the problem. I too have done everything as everyone else and Adobe has suggested: unistalled, installed, double checked Java, all the "fixes" suggested, if they applied to me.  Nothing.  I too am a paying member and a graduate student.  When my documents close and DO NOT SAVE MY HIGHLIGHTS, I am FURIOUS that it is taking me 3XS LONGER to write a paper.  My money continues to be taken WITHOUT fail, but repeated - HOURLY - Pro DC crashes and I am left having to RECREATE my documents.  (I am working on a Mac with Big Sur, the latest version of Java and Adober - AND A monthly paying user.)  I send crash reports, I have even called and was told it I cant have Reader and Pro DC on the same computer.  Problem is my book will only open on Pro DC.  I only use reader for my book.  Here is the rub: Ive been in school over two years and this is the FIRST TIME this has ever happened.  I've asked various professional circles and they too have had the same problem.  PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM; or in the very least BE HONEST that Adobe doesnt know what the problem is.  None of the "fixes" FIX THE PROBLEM. No offense to anyone working behind the scenes with their due diligence in trying to find a rememdy.  I wish I had a warning it would shut down BUT I DONT! I am bound by the limitations Adobe has.  I have a question? Will I be reinbursed for my time lost and point removed from my paper becasue I cant get it in on time BECASUE ADOBE CONTINUES TO CRASH?? Again, no offense, but I am really frustrated!  Any fixes as of 2-25-2022 would be greatly apprecaited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry to hear that the issue still exists. Please collect the Adobe CC logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them via document cloud as described https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Thanks for your response. I am behind on my grad program and will make this a brief reply because time is of the essence. Unfortunately, the suggestions you provide are - no disrespect - useless. The bandaids provided do not "fix" the problem. I have gone so far as to uninstall and install, dump memory, remove cookies, blah-blah-blah - twice. In one hour, the program crashed four times. I am sure you can imagine and understand my frustration. The canned responses to this inquiry are almost insulting, for lack of a better term. The Adobe program is used by THE WORLD, not intermittently by a casual few who find the program "useful." The Adobe platform, its programs, and assimilations garner GREAT usage, e.g., business, medical, research, banking, academia, and the quotidian user at home downloading a manual or other pdf for their need. The disgruntlement I have is that Adobe is passing on the issue to the USER because the problem is longstanding, at least a couple of years, and there is no known cause or fix. Now, I am confident there is some "investigation" occurring. I would find it difficult to believe a problem of this duration and magnitude would not receive attention.
Yet, as the problem persists without sufficient remedy, the "canned" and "rehersed" instructions are all but mute. I recall my grandfather saying, "Better to remain silent and let people think of you foolish, than to speak and remove doubt." Again, no disrespect to those hard at work behind the scenes for the cause and cure. It is prudent to say nothing or convey honesty, "Adobe is aware of the problem and presently has no solutions or estimation when one will be available." This statement is SINCERE and accurate. Most people would prefer the inconvenient truth to the insult of a lie. Then again, I can only speak for myself. I look forward to a solution, whenever it arrives. Again, thank-you for your response.

VR

Nina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add me to the list of those experiencing frequent crashes. I have a 24" M1 iMac running Big Sur. Crashes started pretty much right after install. Things tried:

1. Rebooted.
  2. Removed all 3rd party plug-ins.
  3. Reset Acrobat preferences.
  4. Upgraded Acrobat to the very latest version available.
  5. Enabled the "Enable native OS mode..." checkbox in Acrobat preferences.
  6. Cleared cache.

Would appreciate a fix before I purchase more M1 Mac's.

Thanks,
hp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the exact version of Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I already had version 22.1.20085 installed. I also tried enabling the "Open using Rosetta" checkbox in the Get Info window for Acrobat and it is still crashing.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon

Hope you're doing well and sorry to hear that.

would you mind collecting Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and procmon logs (Win Only) as described here https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html ? Please share them via the document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html so that we can isolate the issue for the fix.

Thanks
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

After collecting the logs, the log collector app says it uploaded the logs to Adobe. Do you still need me to share the logs to the document cloud link?

Thanks,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As you have updated the application to the recent version, would you mind sharing the name of the log file that you have uploaded to Adobe Log collector portal so that we can track it for investigation?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

AdobeLogs_20220318_122736_049-mac-GS.zxp

Thank you,
Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines