• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC 2021.001.20145: “Selection” tool fails to select an underlined text,

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC 2021.001.20145: “Selection” tool fails to select an underlined text,

As per the screenshot below, I couldn’t figure out why the “Selection” tool fails to select an underlined text. This functionality used to work fine in the earlier versions of Acrobat

The pdf file is attached

Clip_581.jpgClip_582.jpgClip_583.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmm…

The PDF file is not attached.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. I have attached it to the first post. It's there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I found it (human bug…)

This is because your annotations form large invisible blocks that cover the text, which becomes difficult to select.

Capture_2211151514.png

Capture_2211151512.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use the Underline tool which is made for that. It allows correct (straight) underlining and it leaves the text easily selectable.

Capture_2211151516.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. At the era of Acrbat writer (before Pro and before Pro DC), this used to work fine with no issues! The functionates are less in Pro DC!
  2. For me, I would love to underline the text with the “use drawing” tool but not “underline text” tool. This more natural
  3. Why the selection of text are dominated by the underlined text? It shouldn’t act like that

Is there still a way to select texts that are underlined with the “use drawing” tool as per the screenshot above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines