Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC - Action Wizard - Print

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I am wondering if anyone else had this before and come out with a solution. 

In short all of my printings are working great apart from 1 situation I can not sort out. 

At my work on a weekly basis we print 100 PDF reports, each reports are containing multiple pages and each report is different, so when we print them they come out as stapled / report. To do this I am using the Action Wizard - Printing tool....I uncheck the "prompt user" box, so this way Adobe is using the printer's default settings, works great. 

The issue I have is, that within 1 PDF there is a mixture of A3 and A4 sized pages....with the printing method above our default printer's setting can only print the files in A4 or A3 (depends on what I choose) regardless what is the original page size, there is no option to say "look for source size" or something. 

If I do not uncheck the "prompt user" box, then the Adobe's printer settings will be used....and within the application there is a function called "choose paper source by PDF size"....this does the job I want...however with this method the printing dialog box within Adobe pops up 100 times and I need to click "print" each time. 

Is there any way where the printing dialog box can be switched off when I start printing. 

If not....is there any working Java Sript which can do the job please?

Krisztin33044436c45i_0-1697754348783.png

TOPICS
JavaScript , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a custom preflight profile in an Action to send the PDFs containing A3 pages in a separate folder.

Capture_2310201201.png

Capture_2310201206.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JR Boulay, 

Interesting method, I will save this for future in case I could use it. 

However at this time this not helps me out...it would be important that the reports are staying together. 

The reason....these reports are going to Lidl Stores...as each Store has individual reports.......it is all about time saving when we slot them in the mailroom....Currently the A3 pages are slotted seperately causing having an addtional pile to action......with the idea above we could save the time in the mailroom on a weekly basis. 

I am coming from a long way.....just a bit of story about it...so you will fully understand my goal. 🙂 
At the time I started at this job.....this task was horrendous......and took almost 2 hours to slot them.  The 12 individual report's (8 of them are A4, the rest are A3) names contains the store numbers, but depends on the name of report there is an extra additional abbreviation at the beginning like "LPL, WIC".....so when you would like to print them you have the report in alphabetical order....all the LPL ones are together and etc. The reports were printed this way with causing 12 piles to be slotted. 

To reduce the time I found and deleloped a batch windows script which is removing the unwant letter from the front of the reports...thanksfully for this after the reports are in Store numerical order...which means the 12 files are together for the same store. Here I action the Wizard print from Adobe for A4 and seperately for A3. 
As a result, I reduced the 12 piles into 2 piles...and brought down the slotting time for 20 mintues.  

With the last step I described in the original post I could bring the piles into 1...saving further 10 minutes....and I then would achive my goal on this. 

So I am looking for an automated printing solution what the Wizart Print does....but with the extra feature I am currently missing....which is printing everything together and ensuring the pages are printed on the correct paper size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case, you'd have to reverse the process: perform 2 successive actions on the same folder.
One action that processes A4 files only, and another action that processes other formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines