• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Macintosh printer user authentication ignored

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Macintosh version of Acrobat Pro DC, where do I enter the user authentication number for my institution's shared printer? In Apple and Microsoft programs, I can enter it under Output Method in the printing dialog, but Acrobat Pro DC uses its own printing dialog. If I go to the Macintosh printing dialog, Acrobat will then print, but it never remembers the number, so each time I open Acrobat Pro DC, on my first print I have to go to the Apple dialog to get it to tell the Adobe dialog how to print. Perhaps this clumsy method is the only way to do it, but it seems a program like Adobe Acrobat Pro DC should know how to talk to a printer. Am I missing something?

P.S. I found this same question asked in this support community about an earlier version of Acrobat, but after three years, it had no response, so I asked again for this version.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 4 years after your post above, and I found your query still unanswered. We have also been struggling with this issue, and no one has posted a solution. I think we may try a different authentication method, if one is available that works in Adobe. If anyone has had success with this issue, please let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on my own experience here, Adobe has no interest in the Adobe Community. 😥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines