• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC opens but then closes after a few seconds

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to Acrobat DC annual license and it opens okay but after a few seconds it closes. Clicking on Help and then Sign in/sign out gives the message Initializing registration please retry in a minute. Opening a file works but then the app closes spontaneously. Troubleshooting has not been effective.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you delete the preference files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find the preferences folder either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else with this issue ever figure out a fix? I am having same problem after letting the updater go to 19, 20, or 21 versions. Acrobat DC opens and then shortly afterwards closes.

If you click fast enough before on menu item Help > Sign In/Out, you get a dialog box that says "Initializing registration... Please retry after a minute." but clicking OK imediately closed Acrobat. If click "Edit PDF" tool fast enough, you get dialog box that states "This feature is not included in your current Acrobat license" and clicking OK imediately closes Acrobat. 

If I go back and install my DC 2015 version, install the old serialized (expired) license, it tells me license is expired and asks for license key BUT, it will let me log in with my CC credentials and allow the app to run. I can check for updates and let it go to latest 15 version with no problems. As soon as update check downloads any 19, 21, or 21 version. Problem comes back and appp will not stay running more than a second.

It has to be some kind of licencing issue, but trying everything I can find in the forums and nothing changes. 

• Delete Prefs folder LINK
  • Verify WMI and Credential Manager services running-restarted LINK
  • Verify file/folder attributes not set to read-only and full permissions set for SLStore and Adobe PCD foldes (as well as removing SLStore folder LINK
  • Uninstall and re-install Creative Cloud Desktop app LINK (CC desktop app logs in fine and shows that Acrobat DC is installed)

End result, Acrobat DC app opens momentarily, shows my name at top of screen, at least making me think it is partially logged in to my account, app imediately closes.

If anyone figures out how to fix this one, please share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been suffering from this problem.  I was able to fix mine finally just now!  Run Adobe Acrobat Distiller.  I did that, I was able to log out of one of my other computers that I share the account on.  BANG!!! no more open up app, then it closes.  No more opening up the app and clicking sign in and getting that "Initializing registration... Please retry after a minute." stupid message!

I hope this helps everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines