• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC please wait a few minutes while the update is installed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an on going problem with my iMac, running High Sierra v 10.13.6.

Regularly, my acrobat will stop printing. I can open a file, but when I hit Ctrl-P I get the spinning beach ball.

I restarted my computer, now it tells me that I should "please wait a few minutes while the update is installed..."

This comes after I have already uninstalled the application, reinstalled it, restarted my mac, reset my prefs, restarted my mac, searched for a solution, and it never finishes this phantom "update install".

I'll force quit the app, uninstall it again, reinstall it, and maybe it will work?

david

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

I had the same issue, MacOS 11.4 and the latest version of acrobat. 

I tried

• Quiting CC and reopening - didnt work
  • Restart - didnt work
  • uninstall Acrobat - didnt work
  • Opened a recently updated photoshop (it said verifying update as i opend it) then opened acrobat and problems solved!

So not sure why but maybe it was a permissions issue or something to do with verifying a recent update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Hi Kahmun, 

Please try this link to run the cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html 

Once done, try installing the application once again through the link shared above: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-install-acrobat-subscription.html 

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at 11.3.1 OS and I'm trying to start my Adobe Acrobat pro and I get the same phantom message, "Please wait a few minutes while the update is installed...", which it never does.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep same here. Mac OS Mojave, MBP.

I cannot actually use Acrobat now until this is resolved. I've tried uninstalling and then re-installing but still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, MacOS 11.4 and the latest version of acrobat. 

I tried

• Quiting CC and reopening - didnt work
  • Restart - didnt work
  • uninstall Acrobat - didnt work
  • Opened a recently updated photoshop (it said verifying update as i opend it) then opened acrobat and problems solved!

So not sure why but maybe it was a permissions issue or something to do with verifying a recent update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius. And so random. But it worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous... somehow this worked for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great, worked for me too. Adobe, please hire this person 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop and Acrobat worked. WTF? You're a genius! Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx a lot, you made my day!! 😀

Question to Adobe: Hello, anybody home??? 😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Thought I was going crazy. Adobe is crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Any solution for those that we don't use photoshop!? 😞 

Thssss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using MacOS 12.4 and suddenly seen the concerned message "please wait..." when tried to open Acrobat Adobe this morning. Not sure why it happened. Followed all the methods described in this page but still failed to get rid of it and the Adobe still failed to open. Then I used the following method to "solve" the problem. Hope this is useful to those without Photoshop.

- As "original user", uninstall the Adobe Acrobatat CC panel.

- Create a new MacOS user account (User A), and grant an admin right to this account.

- Reboot the machine, then login User A.

- Forget about those Apple ID login while logging in the machine as User A.

- Open CC in User A.

- Login Adobe account in CC.

- Install Adobe Acrobat in CC panel (i.e. using User A to install Adobe Acrobat for all users in the computer).

- After install, should be able to open Adobe Acrobat in User A.

- Then, reboot the machine.

- Login back to "original user".

- This time, open Adobe Acrobat.

The above works for me. Hope it also works for those without Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for typos in 1st paragraph of the reply. Here is the correct version.

//

I'm using MacOS 12.4 and suddenly seen the concerned message "please wait..." when tried to open Acrobat Adobe Adobe Acrobat this morning. Not sure why it happened. Followed all the methods described in this page but still failed to get rid of it and the Adobe Acrobat still failed to open. Then I used the following method to "solve" the problem. Hope this is useful to those without Photoshop.

//

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue happen for the first time (MacOS 12.3.1). I already had opened PS (which was just updated today). Acrobat (which did not have an update today) actually STOPPED working and displayed the please wait message once I did my PS & Illy updates (and restarted). After seeing this thread, I tabbed to my PS app (already open and working on a photo), then clicked on Acrobat App and it opened! This after uninstalling / reinstalling / restarting several times until I found this thread. Thank YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop trick worked for me too! Thank you for sharing such a dumb, easy solution! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening Photoshop instantly solved the problem for me. Thanks for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I also got it to resolve after updating Illustrator (not Photoshop). Still random...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird indeed. Updated Photoshop then Acrobat opened for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY DEAR!!! You are my hero.  I went into login items... and click it off... open the app again = it worked.  Of course clicked back on.  WOW and ADOBE LTD.  could not answer this for all of us.  (Raising my eyebrows here) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... you guys found a solution yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fransj,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

Could you please let us know the Acrobat and OS version number? Also, share the screenshot of the message that appears.

Try once to uninstall the application using the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html) and reboot the machine. Then reinstall the application from this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-install-acrobat-subscription.html 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this link does not work in the South East Asian region. Still getting the same issue. Screenshot appended below.

I am on the macOS Big Sur 11.6

Kahmun5E06_0-1631628441924.png

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kahmun, 

Please try this link to run the cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html 

Once done, try installing the application once again through the link shared above: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-install-acrobat-subscription.html 

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe employees MeenakshiNegi, and AkanchhaS!

I had the same issue as everyone else here, and after running the cleaner tool the issue was solved.

Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines