• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC printing blank pages

Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Print preview blank, and printouts blank.

Works fine in adobe reader DC, but the user in question needs to use acrobat pro.

Anybody encountered this?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Turns out this was because the user had it set to print forms only (drop down on the right)

Thanks for your help, but this is resolved.

Best Regards

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gareths20952844

You might try the steps given in this link: Acrobat Reader DC - Pages Printing Blank Instead of Selected Coupons

Are other applications like MS Word, Notepad printing the same way as Acrobat?

What is the version of Acrobat installed on your computer?

To check the version of Acrobat, launch Acrobat>navigate to Help menu>select About Adobe Acrobat

Have you recently updated Acrobat?

Which operating system do you have- Windows /Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other Apps are okay, I'll try the steps in the link cheers..

I'm not on the PC right now, I'm the IT department for the customer in question, Acrobat hasn't been updated recently, and Windows 10 Pro.

It works fine when printing from Adobe Reader, but this can only be a workaround

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2016 Oct 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody able to offer any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gareths20952844​,

Try checking update for Acrobat, launch Acrobat>navigate to Help menu>select Check for Updates.

Also, try changing print settings and see if it works. Open the pdf in Acrobat>select File>Print>select your printer from the drop down options>and uncheck the box which says Print on both sides of paper>Print.

Could you please confirm the version of Acrobat DC installed on the user's machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out this was because the user had it set to print forms only (drop down on the right)

Thanks for your help, but this is resolved.

Best Regards

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the default you need to open the print menu, change it from "Form Fields only" to the option you want, for example "Document" or "Document and Markup", then hit Print. Adobe Reader will remember this and the default will now be the new option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had the same issue with a user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't obvious to me but I found it. Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 10.30.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I change that in the preferences to make that the default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this post is old but this should help others.

To change the default you need to open the print menu, change it from "Form Fields only" to the option you want, for example "Document" or "Document and Markup", then hit Print. Adobe Reader will remember this and the default will now be the new option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this post is old but this should help others.

To change the default you need to open the print menu, change it from "Form Fields only" to the option you want, for example, "Document" or "Document and Markup", then hit Print. Adobe Reader will remember this and the default will now be the new option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. this saved me. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much Borther 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My drop down was on Forms as well.  Changing that setting worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy fix... thanks.  I thought I had tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not the correct answer.

Only solution I found was to restart computer.

Adobe Acrobat is messing something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but just randomly prints empty pages (only some lines can show up across the document) I have an app that prints invoices to pdf and using Adobe pdf printer for making the files. The strange thing is that it happens just randomly, it´s almost impossible to get it messing up when you try but next time you try to make a real invoice you end up with the empty document again.

We are using Acrobat DC on both computers. Any kind of ideas what it can be as I am running out of ideas now, all is up-to-date. I have re-installed Acrobat many times and the error still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the answer for me, either. It happens with random PDFs I export from InDesign, and seriously they are random. I know I found a fix for this last summer when it happened, but only once a year and I forgot. My acrobat pro is up to date. Happens on more than one printer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new in this forum. I have some questions about this forum. These questions are shown below:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-pro-lotto4d-dc-prints-very-slowly/td-p/10046297

My question is about this thread. If you have any information about this thread. Please quote me and solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines