• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Sharing: delete more than one file at a time from Document Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded a lot of files to Document Cloud throught the Share feature in Acrobat Pro. I can access the list of these files within my Document Cloud on the web, but can only delete them one at a time (check the box then  use the Delete button in the right-hand column). Selecting multiple files at once seems to remove the interface for Deleting, Renaming, Moving, etc. Is there a way to delete batches of these files at once? Seems I used to be able to do this...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Yes this was answered before in the forum back in December 2019.

It is not possible in the Document Cloud.

Are you accesing the document cloud from a web browser when you try to select more than one file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

OK, I see now that if I select the "Files" tab in the browser interface then multiple files can be selected and deleted at the same time. In the "Home" tab (which seems to show a different list for some reason) only one file can be deleted at a time.

Thanks for helping me to dig through this system. More complicated than I would hope, but all good I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In which operating system and web browser (or app) are you observing this behavior?

Also, can you briefly describe which steps you followed when you uploadsd the files to tje document cloud?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mac OS, Acrobat Pro DC 2019. Chrome browser. 

With the document open in Acrobat I use the Share button to create a link for viewing, which I usually copy into an email. 

Right now the ability to batch-delete files in the Cloud service is what I am most concerned with, but I am going to create another post about several other odd issues with Acrobat and Document Cloud (file list updates randomly and unreliably, and I cannot share more than one file with a single link, which I was previously able to do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this was answered before in the forum back in December 2019.

It is not possible in the Document Cloud.

Are you accesing the document cloud from a web browser when you try to select more than one file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see now that if I select the "Files" tab in the browser interface then multiple files can be selected and deleted at the same time. In the "Home" tab (which seems to show a different list for some reason) only one file can be deleted at a time.

Thanks for helping me to dig through this system. More complicated than I would hope, but all good I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help, you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone else with this issue, Adobe has an odd bug that you can't delete all the files in a folder. When you select all the files, the option to delete them disappears. Simply deselect one of the files and the option to delete should reappear. If this doesn't work, add a folder and then select all the files but not the folder and the options menu (including Delete) will reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines