Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Sharing File links

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a bit inexperienced with Acrobat Pro DC, got it because I utilize tons of  pdfs for personal use - lots of manuals and such, and having it fills a void that Microsoft doesn't. That being said I have come to the first time now that I need to share something and what I expected would be super simple, has me quite irritated. The person I am trying to share with had originally shared the file with me, which is rather large (at least by my standards) at just over 1 GB. I followed his link and downloaded super simple. I then made tons of comments using sticky notes. I also drew some pencil lines along a page and made one of those "thought bubbles" (like a cloud) and typed in some words. That is the only markup I did, other than the 100 sticky notes. When I click share file and type his name in and share it, I get this error message: your file contains annotations that prevent the file from being sent for commenting.  It tells me I can still invite people to view it but the pop up just closes and nothing happens. I tried to email it as a link, and it also doesn't seem to be working - that is unconfirmed because I haven't heard back from him yet, but when I look under the shared tab it says I shared the file but it says that "anonymous" is the other user along with me who can view it. What is the situation here for sharing a link via email, should it say I shared it with "anonymous", or should it say his name from the get go? As for the not being able to share it becuase of annotations - what is the deal there? Seems pretty crazy that a service that is meant for edit/review/sharing of pdfs should have probems sharing one because of using a feature as common as sticky notes? Anyway, any help would be much appreciated! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer?  I have the same issue with much simpler annotations and a couple highlights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I did not get an answer to why it wouldn't allow me to share it directly from Adobe. I ended up sharing it as a OneDrive link instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to know the answer to this too! I'm having the same problem when I've just used the 'highlight' function. Oddly, I managed to share a file very easily in August with someone, and there were no issues, so don't know how I manged that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wondering if any one has a solution for this? I've tried again today for the first time in a while, and I still get:

File can't be sent. Your file contains annotations that aren't yet supported for review

I was hoping it had been fixed. Why only support one type of commenting tool? It seems daft, plus I can't find a reference to it at all on the help pages, so there's no warning it won't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think i found it. there is a small "Allow comments" switch when you use Share file if you deselect, it sends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines