• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC won't install

New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Acrobat Pro DC and it won't install on my computer. I just keep getting an error message that says "Acrobat installer encountered an unexpected failure. Please try again. If it continues to fail, contact Adobe support."

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

1. Uninstall other acrobat and adobe reader programs.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Clean using the following tool:

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

4. Restart your computer.

5. Install Acrobat Pro Dc using the following link:

https://creative.adobe.com/en/products/acrobat

Should Help

Please also check the system requirements for Acrobat Pro DC:

System requirements | Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Acrobat Standard DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What platform are you on (Windows? MacOS?) and what version of same?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Uninstall other acrobat and adobe reader programs.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Clean using the following tool:

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

4. Restart your computer.

5. Install Acrobat Pro Dc using the following link:

https://creative.adobe.com/en/products/acrobat

Should Help

Please also check the system requirements for Acrobat Pro DC:

System requirements | Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Acrobat Standard DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, brand new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. The file downloads (via the Cloud nonsense), extracts, then gets an error during install. Unacceptable. May go with Nitro Pro if this is not fixed immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I shouldnt have to jump through hoops in order to download this expensive software...going to give it once last shot before I cancel and use some other PDF software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went through all the steps, even uninstalled Norton, does not work on new PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a answer to this? I've tried every single solution given on the internet and nothing works. After resetting my computer to factory setting and it still doesnt work im pretty pissed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat started misbehaving, wouldn't list the Cloud files (which are fine, I can see them in a browser and on iOS) so I uninstalled.  Then the CC app failed to install, I tried cleaner, uninstalling from Windows CP but no dice. This is very frustrating. I'm already unhappy at how much BS Acrobat DC installs and runs at startup but now I can't even use it. This appears to be an ongoing problem, given this thread is six years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's October 15, 2022--- This is STILL happening. ADOBE, fix the Acrobat Pro! It's turning into a waste of time and money.

Unhappy Ph.D. educator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this may help... Having same issues presented here.  We have several different desktop types, and the proceeding helped with a couple desktops.  Unfortunately, still having issues installing Acrobat on a HP 6200 Pro.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-internal-error-2753-install.html#:~:text=The%202753%20error...

The link point to knowledge base dealing with registry entries that need to be deleted before I could install on the desktops that did work.  Granted all machines using same windows version 10 v22H2.  All 64bit windows, and really can;t find any other differences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

2023 here and this seems to be a problem for me. For years it worked fine and then one day it wouldn't open. I uninstalled but now it won't reinstall. I just get "Unable to install the product. Click Retry to download to install again (Error Cod:136). I select the error log and I have the following:

Exit Code: 7
Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW003, DW071 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s) 

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat 23.1.20174.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_23.001.20174 -----------

ERROR: DW071: 

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm running Windows 10 fyi.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as the Acrobat cleaner tool mentioned in the approved answer doesn't seem to exist any longer. I'll update if any of my troubleshoots are fruitful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cleaner is here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html. Then, if you're on 64bit Windows, you can scroll down to the 64bit installer here: https://ardownload2.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/2100120135/x64/AdobeAcroCleaner_DC2021.... I had issues downloading from Adobe.com. This is what worked for me. Go to www.adobe.com and sign in. Click on the app drawer under "Web Apps & Services" and install Creative Cloud. Open Creating Cloud and sign in if it doesn't log you in automatically. When in Creative Cloud, make sure you are in the "All apps" section and in the "Desktop" tab at the top of the window. You should see a list of apps located under "Available in your plan." Install Acrobat from there and Creative Cloud will download and install Adobe Acrobat for you. This is the Pro version and not Adobe Reader. It just does not say Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ben! 

This has been driving me crazy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines