• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat pro does not release the file handle when the file is closed in reading pane

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 2023.008.20470 64bit. Win10, 64bit

When closing a file in the read pane I would expect it to also release the exclusive access to the file handle but this appears not to be the case - other programs cannot write to the file unless acrobat is closed.

Are there any way to disable this invasive behavior?

TOPICS
How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To recap and explain:

I have a program which is generating the pdf file each time reusing the same file, and if the file has been opened in Acrobat it  cannot recrate the file - of course. But even closing the file in acrobat's reading pane does not release access to update the file.

BUT after some experimenting I see that it is not systematic - some times it works as expected and some times I need to close Acrobat. So it is very unclear what this issue is.

It cannot be exclude that it can be related to the fact that the file is located on a file server both when it works and not works as expected. I will post if I get more details on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines