Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro missing prepare form tool

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My 'Prepare Form' tool option has disapeared on my Acrobat. I've got a CC subscription through work and I definitely had it last month when I used it last...

If I open a pdf it says its opening with Adobe Acrobat DC:

Screenshot 2023-02-22 161359.png

However then in the top left hand corner it is coming up as Adobe Acrobat Reader:

Screenshot 2023-02-22 161230.png

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultaqgopg766h94 

Thank you for the detailed description. 

Prepare form tool is a part of Acrobat Pro. However, Acrobat Reader is open on the screen, which is freeware. It doesn't include the Prepare form feature.

There's likely a chance that when you select open with Acrobat Reader is set up as the default app to view/open the PDF file.  

As you are an Acrobat Pro user, we suggest you uninstall the freeware Acrobat Reader

Or set Acrobat Pro as the default PDF viewer from the above screen. Open With>Choose another app> Select Acrobat Pro >check "Alway use this app to open .pdf files.">OK

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Thnaks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines