• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro not opening up on new MacBook Air

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to a new MacBook Air. I have a monthly subscription to Adobe Acrobat Plus. I see the icon but PDFs are not opening up, either by doubleclicking them or by dragging them on top of the icon in the launcher.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Just upgraded to a new MacBook Air. I have a monthly subscription to Adobe Acrobat Plus. I see the icon but PDFs are not opening up, either by doubleclicking them or by dragging them on top of the icon in the launcher.

There is no application named Adobe Acrobat Plus. I have checked the Adobe account you are using on this community and found that you have a subscription for the Acrobat Pro DC application.

Are you unable to open the PDF files or the Acrobat DC application itself?

What happens when you try to open the PDF files? Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

What is the version of the application and the OS you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

We are here for help, Just need more information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, yes, Adobe Acrobat Pro is what I mean. I cannot open any PDFs, either one that I just made by scanning or one that I received or had already. But also when I doubleclick on the icon in the launcher, it doesn't open up either. This just started happening with the new MacBook Air. My Mac OS is Monterey 12.5. Here is what I see in Apps folder. I don't know what you mean by going to Help>About Acrobat -- do you mean on the Adobe site? I should also have Bridge -- I believe that is part of my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry to hear that. Please try to remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works for you. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with my Mac Mini. I am also running Montgomery 12.5.  Also all my Adobe Cloud products are very slow to load. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try the steps shared above and see if that works.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run the acroCleanerTool it just locksup ;

Processing 1of 1

/Removing/Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app...

It does not respond and I have to kill the app.

No Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work. I will try again, though.
s

[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You may also try enabling the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines