Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Acrobat Pro tool tips are not displaying

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating fill in text fields. I have added verbiage to the tool tips in the properties box. The tip verbiage does not display. How can I fix this please? I have tried deleting and creating from scratch and that does not work. 

Thank You!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How (and where) did you test it?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved it and opened it in Chrome Browser and Edge Browser. It allows me to type into it, and I also have a drop-down that works. It is just the tooltip that does not display on the text field. I don't have Adobe Reader to test and others who will use the form may not either. 

Thank you for responding!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This browsers doesn't supports tooltips.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report this issue to the developers of the PDF plugins in those browsers. It has nothing to do with Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find many, many more limitations if you choose to not use Reader, and to not insist your audience use Reader. Consider using HTML forms instead.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe reader and that does not work correctly either. I have to get this project done for a corporate client and this is torture! Can you recommend an HTML form that can be emailed, filled in, then returned?

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should completely forget about emailing forms. This is a disaster, and not suitable for any important or professional form. Forms should be submitted. Offerings like "Google forms" can take care of it all for you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines