• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a scanned PDF. I use Acrobat to convert (OCR) to searchable text. Now when I use AI Assistant, it states "I dont work with scanned image PDF's". Well, it is not a scanned image it is a searchable PDF (saved and reimported, same results). I have tried this on 5+ documents. It never works! What is going on??

TOPICS
Al Assistant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I took a bunch of screenshots of a slide deck, merged them into a pdf, and then converted it into a searchable PDF with Acrobat Pro's OCR tool. I asked AI Assistant to "please generate a numbered page-by-page summary."
Response: Scanned files aren't currently supported. Please try a different file.

Most of my PDFs are scanned paper documents using a Fujitsu scanner, though this one is screenshots. If AI Assistant blocks scanned documents, it makes it a pretty useless tool.
What is the rationale or technical limitation for blocking use of AI Assistant with searchable scanned files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ALKoV and steve_rowson,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please refer to the information in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/prerequisites.html.

We will once check with the team on this and get back with more information.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines