Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat repeatedly crashes on MacOS Monterey M1 Max chip

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if someone can help?

I am running MacOS Monterey on a 2021, 14-inch MacBook Pro, with an M1 Max chip and 64GB ram.

My machine seems incapable of running Adobe Acrobat DC - it keeps crashing on the opening of new documents (assuming I can get the program to open at all), and in turn causes the OS "Finder" app to crash and become unresponsive, too.  This often necessitates a full restart of the entire system.

It is problematic across two separate user profiles on the same machine.

I have uninstalled it - along with the whole Creative Cloud app - and reinstalled it on several occasions; including with the Creative Cloud "Cleaner Tool": all to no avail.

I'm tearing my hair out as it's causing huge amounts of time waste: I effectively cannot work on PDF documents at all, currently.

Any and all help much appreciated - thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums) to Acrobat.]

Do you have the very latest version of Acrobat?

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/apple-silicon-m1-processor-support.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get used to it. Adobe claims to support Mac, but you will find numerous bugs and issues that go for YEARS without resolution. If you get really lucky you may be able to downgrade to a previous version (but you won't get a discount for reduced functionality) and have a different set of problems that you may be able to work with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines