• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat shows blank PDF in Print Preview

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening a PDF in Acrobat DC works fine. When printing in Acrobat, though, the print preview (and the actual print) are blank.  I have been opening the file in Acrobat Reader DC and can print normally from there.  Really, really annoying.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

I uninstalled completely and then downloaded acrobat via Adobe's website, rather than directly from creative cloud. Now it shows 2019 for me too, but before I did all that, I checked the version and it was 2018 continuous, so Idk. But you've fixed my problem, so thanks to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blu101783

Try the troubleshooting steps provided in this KB doc: Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

Are you experiencing this issue with a particular PDF?

Please share the exact workflow you do to print PDF.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  I have already tried the solutions within the article.

When executing the print option, whether using the file menu, print icon, or right-click menu: print option, the print dialog box appears as normal. The abnormality is the preview shown in the lower right corner of the print dialog box. It is blank. If you continue to execute the print, the paper is also blank on output.

If you open the same PDF in Acrobat Reader and follow the same executions to print, there is no trouble.  The preview appears and the document prints correctly.

I have tried everything in the suggested fixes, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blu101783

Please try once "Repair Installation" under Help menu.

Let us know the dot version of Adobe Acrobat DC and OS installed on your system.

Could you please share the screen shot of the print dialogue box where you get blank preview pane.

Have you tried to replicate the issue with other files?

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACT same issue, using adobe acrobat pro DC.  This just happened recently the print preview is blank and the print out is blank.  However the same pdf file prints just fine using MicrosoftEdge, or Adobe Reader.  ALso tried 4 different printers in the office and 8 different files.  NOTE: it does not occur with adobe acrobat pro 11 or Reader only Pro DC has the issue.  My OS is windows 10 if that makes and difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi derric_,

Please try to "Repair Installation" under Help menu in application and check if it makes any change.

What is the dot version of Adobe Acrobat DC Pro installed on your system?

Have you tried to print a different file? If not, please do and check if it works or not.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this problem. used "repair installation" and it did not work. dot version is 2017.009.20044

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem, tried the fix you suggested but it did not work. Still blank in my preview and prints blank as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have also run the "repair installation" without any change. Only happens in Acrobat, Reader is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone here post screen shots of what your experiencing?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what mine looks like:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a nasty Windows font problem...or a graphics driver problem. Do you have also problems with other dialogue boxes?

May be this helps: How to restore Windows 7 default fonts. - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it's not a "Microsoft" problem, it's also an macOS problem too.  And it's not a graphics driver problem, because I have the new 27" iMac Fusion with the Radeon Pro 580 8192MB and everything else has been working fine.

I've had this issue for awhile but just sent each file to my husband for him to print for me...which annoys the heck out of me since he barely knows how to do even that with any computer.  The previous printer showed the blank area (see image) and would spit out a blank page.  After getting a new printer, the attached image still applies but at least it actually prints the document.  However, usually I have to print each several times because they don't print the size correctly (since I can't see the format in the preview)...especially with spreadsheets.

It shows this was "Assumed Answered" but I don't know what that means since there is no actual resolution.  So if there is and I just don't see it, please let me know and will certainly look into that.  Thanks!

screenShot-printPreview_7x6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's marked "assumed answered" which is not exactly answered and there seams to be no correct answer.

My guess of the Windows display problem was for the screen shot in this post: Re: Acrobat shows blank PDF in Print Preview .

Could you please specify your acrobat version?

How was the PDF file created. Can you share a PDF file with us (with dummy information if the real data is confidential)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started using Acrobat DC, but I can't remember if it's been like that since then.  I've just put up with it because there was a 'work-around.'

Most of my PDFs are converted from Pages, but the majority of what I do is for my online store when I have to print out invoices, packing slips, and shipping labels.  These are automatically downloaded from my account on Big Commerce.  But too many times, the file looks fine on the screen but ends up printing 2 sheets, by looking at the Preview it has always helped me to notice whether browser links show up at the footer so that I can remove them.  I don't have that option now.

I had a template form that I opened in Pages then exported to PDF, but I can't find a way to attach a file other than an image or a video.  I tried to drag it into the reply area but didn't do anything, so I'll insert another screen print of something else I was working on...

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 1.20.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry I didn't respond to your first question about the version.  I guess I just assumed because we've been talking about Acrobat Pro DC which is a Continuous Release that we all have the same version. My Bad!  Here's was I show at this point...

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Continuous Release | Version 2018.011.20063

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 18.11.20063.303145

AGM: 4.30.79

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.41223

However, after getting an update notice submitted by stephaneg61315485, I went through all the printing process again from web browser display to print preview with screen prints, and it shows fixed for me.  Nothing has been changed in the process or anything on my end, but this is what displays for me now, as it should...

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.59.42 AM.png

If it changes, I will let everyone know.  I do not consider this "Fixed" since no one seems to know why the system displayed the problem in the first place.  Until there's a "Why" of what went wrong, and a "How" it will be or was fixed, it's a happen-chance situation and still should be investigated.  The fact that this whole thing was first brought up nearly 2 years ago, and still no one seems to know what is going on, makes me think that the Change Management System needs to be re-evaluated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.

Can staff try to find how to solve this problem ? I use print many times in the day and it would be nice that this function really works. I use to pay for an app that completely works, and this issue doesn't seems to be solve for years now.

Thanks for helping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stephaneg61315485  wrote

Having the same issue.

Can staff try to find how to solve this problem ?

This is a user to user forum with some staff participation. If you want help, you need to tell us about your situation like OS and version Acrobat version etc.

If you have a paid current version of Acrobat, you may also Contact Customer Care . My guess is still a graphics driver problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think about a graphic driver issue, because it works fine in Acrobat Reader but not in Acrobat Pro DC .

If there was a graphic problem I think it'll not work in both apps. Don't you think so ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct, except if the versions differ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions are the same 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having this problem after I (recently) updated by OS to High Sierra. My Creative Cloud Panel was not offering any updates for Acrobat, so i though it was "up to date".

Having found this thread, I looked at my version and found that it was a 2015 version. 

I un-installed it from the panel, and then re-installed it.

This fixed the problem, and now I have a 2019 version.  

I don't understand why this update (and the intervening ones) were not automatically available without first uninstalling what I had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled completely and then downloaded acrobat via Adobe's website, rather than directly from creative cloud. Now it shows 2019 for me too, but before I did all that, I checked the version and it was 2018 continuous, so Idk. But you've fixed my problem, so thanks to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out for some of the users on this thread. I know its old, but I want a solution typed here in case other have this problem.

Up on top of the document, make sure it doesnt say Form FieldCapture.JPGs only, but change drop down to Document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I just figured out another way, Im not sure if everyone will have this option. When you select print, click advanced.

defaultjvwcushttbfr_0-1619540836010.png

Check the box "print as image" So far this has helped me.

defaultjvwcushttbfr_1-1619540901089.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines