• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Window is cut off

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open up a PDF in Acrobat, the toolbar gets cut off and I can't minimize or close the window from the top. Is there any way to fix the issue?

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Looks like I fixed the problem by updating my Nvidia drivers to the latest. Still do not understand why the behavior only starts to occur when opening PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Win+Ctrl+Shif+B fixed the same problem.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Spaul,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the top screen is cut off when you open a PDF, is that correct?

Please try updating the Acrobat from help>check for updates, and reboot the machine after installing the updates.

If it's not letting you click on Help, press "Alt" key from keyboard and then press letter "H" and use the Arrow keys to navigate to "Check for updates".

Try repairing the Acrobat once from help>repair installation(only for Windows), and reboot the machine. If it's not letting you click on Help, press "Alt" key from keyboard and then press letter "H" and use the Arrow keys to navigate to "Repair installation".

If the issue still persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat back from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

If you still face any issue, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. It occurs when you open a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC and either maximize the window or it opens maximized. Here is what it looks like on my screen:

Capture.PNG

As you can see the top is cut off quite severely and only starts to occur when opening a PDF in Acrobat and maximizing window. All controls in the cut-off area are disabled including the minimize, maximize and close buttons in upper left corner. What makes matters even worse is that the cut-off effects ALL other program windows (i.e. word, chrome, firefox, etc.) that are maximized until you reboot the computer. This could be a bug in Acrobat or a problem with the graphics card driver or both. There is also a possibility it has to do with multiple screen setups. However the problem only starts when opening a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC and then infects all other programs that are maximized under the computer is rebooted.

Here is the relevant info:

Windows 10 64-bit Home Build 1803

Adobe Acrobat DC 18.11.20040.281318

Three monitor setup (Left: 1080p; Center: 1200p; Right: 1080p)

Nvidia 1050 Ti Driver 388.43

Intel Haswell Quad Core

8 GB RAM

Best regards,

Mark Little

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I fixed the problem by updating my Nvidia drivers to the latest. Still do not understand why the behavior only starts to occur when opening PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pst_marketing,

Great! Good to hear that the issue got fixed and you are back on track. Acrobat has dependencies on the  graphics  driver to for the viewing preferences, and this is the reason, once you updated the graphics  card firmware, the issue got resolved.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT man has been trying to resolve this issue for months and has not had any luck with responses from you to resolve it.  recently it has become so unbearable we are talking about leaving adobe. I have 3 screens and its a cotinual nightmare. I understand that the blame has also been placed on microsoft , but I cant lose them as they are my main operating system..  I can lose you.:). can you please sort this out. We have done all the things that you have asked that he has followed up with you.. 

I am only coming on her to complain as I just cant bear this issue anymore and found this forum today when searching up issues. . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which version of MS Windows is this happening? 

And is this happening in just one computer or every computer?

Also, is this happening even if you've updated Acrobat to its latest version update, or even after clicking on Help--->>>"Repair Installation"? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been something My IT man has been working on. I know he is good and been following all these forums as it's a known issue.. I cant specifically answer all the questions as he does all that part but I am just exasperated!
I have emailed him your question.
Thanks for following up.
Marilyn

Marilyn Jones
Director
[cid:image001.gif@01D668AE.B539CA70]
E: marilyn@mexeccareers.com
W: www.mexeccareers.com
M: +61 40 100 3553
[http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/twitter_sig.png] [http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/linkedin_sig.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem remains unresolved on my system: Dell Optiplex 3020, Windows 10, dual SyncMaster monitors, Intel HD Graphics 4600, graphics drivers fully updated according to both Windows and Intel's own utility. Problem does not seem to affect Microsoft Office products, but cripples Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Uninstalling Reader DC fixes it temporarily. Then it comes back. Very much a pain in the ass. Looks like I need to find something else to read pdf files with because this is bullshit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is worthless to tell us to do this that and the next thing because YOU CAN'T ACCESS ANY MENU ITEMS to accomplish anything. The ONLY thing that works is uninstall and reinstall. That is unsatisfactory on a system that is kept up to date on everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, over and over.  Were you able to solve yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue... SO frustrating, especially when you're trying to submit a time sensitive government proposal! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround we use is to adjust the monitor position in pc settings >display (Windows 10) or  Control panel > display (Windows 7) slightly up or down. I click on one of the monitors and use the up/down arrows on keyboard to re position the monitor one space.This forces some sort of display driver refresh I assume and corrects the cut off section in the menu bar area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fmgtech9562127777, you are a lifesaver!  After following ALL of the suggestions in this thread and continuing to fail open, I finally worked my way down to your post and ... voila! ... problem solved.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I am forever in your debt.  If you're ever in the Cambridge, MA area, I owe you a beverage of your choice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jan Schroeder - glad this worked for you! I don’t remember how I stumbled across this solution, but I think it came after repeatedly banging my head on the keyboard trying to figure it out. Bad part is that it’s just a quick fix - the issue usually comes back, but the fix is quick and works every time. Thanks for the bev offer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win+Ctrl+Shif+B fixed the same problem.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for a Teams window issue, as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having the same problem, possibly following a Windows 10 update in April 2020.

Tried this fix and although the whole display jerked like a fish caught on a hook, the Adobe Reader became responsive again. So whatever it did, works. Thank you for fixing the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Frank9482 - Win+Ctrl+Shif+B to reset my video drivers worked. Much appreciated for the reminder on this Windowa hot key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!! THANK YOU!! I have dealt with this problem for years with no help from my IT folks - other than to reimage my virtual desktop everytime! 😞  This fixed it immediately!! awesomesauce!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fmgtech9562127777, I'm with Jan!  Heck, I'll buy you some new strings AND a drink!  You ROCK!. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Thats not working for me. We have 2 users with the problem and many other client. Can someone help us please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patriced29297558, Is Adobe Acrobat installed on a Windows 10 pc with dual screens? That was the setup where we saw the issue. I dont have any experience with other scenarios where the toolbar area gets cut off to offer any further help. I assume your video card driver and Adobe are fully updated. You might want to play around with the resolutions too. Sorry, I wish you luck.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy® Note 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, too. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines