Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X pro where can I download to install on new laptop

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My MS Surface Book (series 1) broke and MS sent me a new one. I am now reinstalling all my programmes and I am trying to find:
1. A link from from where I can  download Acrobat X Pro,

2. Where my product key would have been stored (I already looked through all my emails).

I am not interested to upgarde or any other paid solution. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Tommaso

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

That's a good start. Pretty sure that it is. If you purchased it from Adobe, there is supposed to be a link to download along with the serial number. There is no official public download, and no replacements if you didn't buy from Adobe. Their policy has been to closedown old version downloads completely; you NEED to keep your installers.

However, I MIGHT have good news. Adobe have so many links they don't manage to close them all down, and this page has links to an old Adobe download (ON ADOB

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the original download or CD (which you needed to keep in a safe place). You may find your serial number in your Adobe account if you registered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I obviously do not have the CD. I can access my account but I cannot locate the serial number in the account. Can you provide me a link to download Acrobat X Pro and suggest where in my account I can find the serial number, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you registered it, with the current Adobe ID (email) you are using, it will be under Plans > My Products,  see this screen shot:

find_serial_number.png

If you didn't register it, then it won't be in your account, and if you didn't keep your paperwork and disk or download, you have lost some valuable software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I found is this:

-----------------------------------------------
Acrobat Professional

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (*)
Version: 10.0
Platform: Windows
Registration Date: May 2, 2012
-----------------------------------------------
(*) where x seems to be a number of a serial or key

Where can I download Acrobat X Pro and is that the key to activate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good start. Pretty sure that it is. If you purchased it from Adobe, there is supposed to be a link to download along with the serial number. There is no official public download, and no replacements if you didn't buy from Adobe. Their policy has been to closedown old version downloads completely; you NEED to keep your installers.

However, I MIGHT have good news. Adobe have so many links they don't manage to close them all down, and this page has links to an old Adobe download (ON ADOBE'S SITE - this isn't a pirate copy). https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-acrobat-x-10-pro-reader-suite-direct-download-links-ddl.html There are complicated instructions about logging on, opening pages, and all sorts of things - follow them EXACTLY and don't skip any steps, no matter how weird or unnecessary they seem; don't jump straight to the download link as most people would do. Good luck - if you manage to get a copy, be sure to keep it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I understand your caution regarding purchasing the product and I did buy it in May 2012. Now that I found the purchase date I also found the original Adobe email with the Product Serial Number and Order Number but the download link no longer works. At the time I registered it under a different email address (at the time I was a student).

I appreciate the link that you posted and I will now try to follow, step by step, carefully. But ... will I not need a specific product serial number or key to unlock the download from that link? Or should I use my original student product serial number/key?

Regards, Tommaso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it was a student product? That may completely stop you, as the policy has been no replacements/no downloads for student products. Still, I don't think it was applied to everything, so it's still worth trying the download. You seemed to have a serial number in your Adobe account, hopefully that will allow you to license the software.

However, you may NEXT get the problem that too many copies are activated. In this case only Adobe customer service can help, and they aren't keen. Still, if you ask for an "activation count reset" first without mentioning anything else they may do it. But don't do this unless you specifically are told there are too many copies. You can install 2 times without a reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

It took me a while to get my new laptop set up but, finally, I did and your solution worked.

I also confirm that each step of the instructions must followed EXACTLY otherwise you receive an error message and you must restart your session all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X latest version is 10.1.16

You can download updaters here:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The latest Acrobat X Pro versino seems to be this one https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=5980

Is this only an update or is it the whole programme?
Where can I retrieve the product key that came with the original purchase (I cannot find it in the emails)?

Tahnk you for your time and expertise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Login with the Adobe ID that own the licence and go to: https://account.adobe.com/products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. As I mentioned in this thread the download link is not there. As i explained in a previous post, there is only this:

Acrobat Professional

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (*)
Version: 10.0
Platform: Windows
Registration Date: May 2, 2012

(*) where the x are numbers that seem like a product serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a link on prodesigntools. Please try it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was going to this weekend because I want to follow the steps one by one and I am not IT savvy so it will take me some time. I hope that your solution will work. Thank you for proposing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines