Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro won't open

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using CS6 on Win8. Since today Acrobat X Pro won't open anymore. It worked until today. I shut my computer down and opened it again, but it still does nothing when double clicked on. The other programs (Indesign etc) work just fine.

Any ideas other reinstalling...?

Best,

Johannes

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Hello,

This is ridiculous.

The questions asked and the solutions offered by the 'helper' are idiotic. The point is that Adobe Acrobat continuously needs to be reinstalled because there is a problem with it. This should not be the responsibility of the user but of Adobe. Windows 10 had been out for some time and it is Adobe's responsibility to ensure that the products bought are usable, especially on a 'normal' operating system.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, wake up; this borders on insulting.

In the meant

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johannesknoll,

As mentioned above, I assume that you are not getting any error message and application is just not launching?

As its windows system so, Open Task manager> select all the Acrobat processes> End Task

Try launching the app again.

If still doesn't work, then Right Click on the Acrobat icon and run as Administrator.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you, but neither of that helped...

Any other suggestions?

Best,

Johannes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johannesknoll,

Sorry for the delay in response.

if the problem still persist, and the solution provided didn't work. Then you might need to use cleaner tool to uninstall the existing version.

Use cleaner tool to uninstall the existing version Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

and reinstall the application.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is ridiculous.

The questions asked and the solutions offered by the 'helper' are idiotic. The point is that Adobe Acrobat continuously needs to be reinstalled because there is a problem with it. This should not be the responsibility of the user but of Adobe. Windows 10 had been out for some time and it is Adobe's responsibility to ensure that the products bought are usable, especially on a 'normal' operating system.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, wake up; this borders on insulting.

In the meantime you can get the 'fix' below; it works, but only for some time. Still it is better than reinstalling.

Doesn't launch after 30 days | Installed as part of a CS6 suite

SB

PS I have to reinstall it 4x in the last year because NONE of the 'official' Adobe solutions work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moonsteroony,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Would you let us know the version of Acrobat you are trying to install on Windows 10?

I would assume you are using Acrobat X since you have updated Acrobat X discussion. If you've Acrobat X, I would like to mention Acrobat X was never tested with Windows 10, it may or may not work. Also, there will be no further updates available for Acrobat X as it has been declared End of Support. End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

End of Support:

End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

Feel free to update this discussion if you have related questions.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU MOONSTEROONY! quick and easy fix! Sad that the Adoba staff didn't know that solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, MOONSTEROONY! Now I remember this from way back when we got CS6 at work. Of course they're on CC now, but I think I must have purchased one of the last DVD versions of CS6 before it was discontinued. I had to re-install it last month after HD failure, and all was well until Acrobat wouldn't launch yesterday. I remember the problem, but I would have never remembered the solution. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Moonsteroony! It worked. I want to hug you for offering a solution to a problem that has plagued me several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, but like the AcroFix.zip isn't there anymore. Do you have a copy saved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is still available on the german version of the page: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html - at least it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I used this previously, but couldn't find it anymore.  Still worked like a charm for me (Win 11).  I have now also saved the program in case this one goes away as well.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you from 2024! This has been plaguing me for 2+ years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran the fix (Solution 1), on my Win 11, with all the latest updates and my Acrobat X Pro now opens.  Thanks for the link.  I noticed that you indicated "it works, but only for some time."  How often do you need to rerun the fix script?  Any idea what it does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you from 2023! The patched resolved this issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! Solution 1 provided in the link worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me. I selected all Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader processes that were open, deleted them, and Acrobat opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! Ran the app as admin. NO reboot. Started Acrobat and it came up. Thanks again. I also have a license for Pro and will install if this persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"M SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD!

Win11, SC6 Standard (incl Acrobat X Pro), worked just great since today then oppend a pdf, it opened the closed about 10 seconds later.

Then nothing - Acrobat won't open, none of my pdfs will open. All other Adobe apps in SC6 work fine. Rebooted and all that crap.

What happened????

The fixes are for Win10 - Win11 doesn't have an easy way to find the app location so not as easy to launch into Admin.

Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is not compatible with Windows 10, much less so with Windows 11. That doesn't mean it won't work, but it does mean that it's unsupported by Adobe and that problems are to be expected. Try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows 7) and see if that helps at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes ZERO sense - programs that fail to run kick errors.

The underlying program is running - and it's been working for several months.

ADDITIONALY, Adobe gave me the upgrade from SC4 to CS6 specificaly for Win11.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not compatible with Windows 11. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs6-system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is kinda' stupid - something else is afoot.

I just tested it by using MS Word, exiting file, Export to PDF, worked and the file is there without a preview - but the file was created. Attached (great pasta recipie, btw).

So, other then being able to see the file(s), everything else works.

WHAT!!!!

Anybody else have any original thoughts other then turn off the car, get out, walk around the car, get back in and start the car again to see if it drives....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines