• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Wont Start

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat X as part of CS6. Seemed to work fine since installation. Two days ago, it stopped working, won't open. I tried the fixes listed in this forum. No luck.

Can Adobe help please.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Hi All,

Adobe has provided a hotfix to resolve this issue permanently . Kindly follow Solution 2 mentioned at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html and check if you get Exit Code 0.

Feel free to post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 140 Replies 140
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems. I purchased the online CS6 Suite and my Adobe Acrobat X Pro will not open. What is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s another one. It happened to me just this afternoon. I opened a PDF and Acrobat X Pro closed itself within a few seconds. After that, Acrobat would never launch again.

For me, it’s on a Window’s 64-bit machine. I could see Acrobat.exe attempt to load in task manager but then it would close. I never got an Acrobat screen, nor an error message. I tried restarting and repairing Acrobat without success.

That’s when I found this thread through a web search. As suggested, I decertified Photoshop CS6 and immediately Acrobat X Pro was launching again. I’ve since recertified Photoshop and all remains working at this time.

Thanks all!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this fix is just temporary. The problem occurred again a few days later...

I hope Adobe will fix this once and for all soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for me, a Windows XP Service Pack 3 32 bit machine.

Thanks to jimbo7777 for being the first to figure out Deactivate/Activate worked around the problem.

A whole bunch of words that violate the Adobe terms of service of this discussion forum

have been deleted here - but I meant every one of them.

What a frustrating bug - the damned thing just silently exits, leaving the user to wonder

if they even managed a double click, never mind paid Adobe $600 for an update to get

the disease in the first place.

Thanks again to all who helped,

cheers,

dmc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Adobe? Are you there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution for Acrobat X in CS6 failure:

Open Photoshop and in the help menu deactivate your license. Close Photoshop. Open Photoshop and Reactivate your license. Acrobat will now open and work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe has changed their license engine mechinism or whatever... to support their cloud thing. I have an ordinary permanant serial number and it seems to me that what has happened is I am now running on a 30 day trial.

i.e I no longer see an ability to deactivate my license and use it on asnother PC. Sigh. Moderators... can you get adobes attention... is their an official post on the subject? Sure as hell I'll forget and be in the middle of something critical 30 days from now,,,, I will not be pleased. No sir, not one bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You jimbo7777, since this is a recent issue has anyone tried a registry adjustment on HKLM\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\10.0\Activation ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe?! Get your stuff together!

This is all for not anyhow. It's not like people aren't creating fake copies out there and distributing them.

Adobe, you are only PUNISHING YOUR MARKET BASE with BS like this.

@CO2009 Disabling the activation key does not fix the issue.

I just started having the issue today (couple hours ago).

Exactly one month after I activated. The LEAST they could do is to pull my license key from my profile since I have to sign-in for that too.

What a pain... just one more thing to remember. It's bad enough they quietly uninstalled Acrobat 9 to install the initially crippled version of X. I just needed to open a damn encrypted PDF... what a waste.

Wasted a good couple of hours on this because I was installing other apps and creating firewall rules... thought I had blocked something... nope, just bad programming on Adobe's part. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Vista 64 Business • AMD Opteron 4184 x 2 • 64gb RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on CS6 Standard, Win7 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem ... All components of CS6 were working perfectly until yesterday, when Acrobat and Distiller suddenly stopped working. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire Cretive Suite and get a message at the end of the installation that all components EXCEPT for Acrobat are installed and ready to use! Hugely frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See previous posts about deactivating and activating the suite. That works, as a temporary solution. I gather Adobe will come up with a permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating sounds good. But... Mine is grayed out. Can't deactivate. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem With Me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same thing, upgraded from CS5.5 to CS6 a month ago, 2 days ago acrobat x stopped working, woudln't even load after a brief screen that said I would need reactivate

acrobat x now working sweet as (?for how long) after I followed jimbo's fix

but when I opened photoshop 64bit again it is only giving me a trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is investigating the issue ,

Please check this link :- http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. I hope the solution won't involve uninstalling my cs5 versions of apps though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Manish-Sharma - That kb article is particularly lame since the aspects of "trial" are not visible... at least to this user - NOTHING is visible!

Acrobat doesn't launch.

On May 19th I downloaded and installed the update from CS 5.5 Design Premium to CS 6 Premium on my Win 7 Pro 64-bit machine.

On June 19th Acrobat X Pro died and with its passing we learn ...

We learn that even with CS 4 AND CS 5.5 (full extended Design suites still resident on my system) Acrobat in its earlier incarnations is AWOL.

Overtly doing a separate download and install (10.1.3) had no effect.

Doing the cache.db rename game (see @ 36. by Evadobe1 in thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/4504991#4504991)  that reportedly was dreamed up by Adobe as a work around only worked temporarily for a limited number of launch / exit cycles ... maybe about 6 or so cycles.

The only symptom which has presented has been the abrupt termination of the application functioning coincident with the expiration a 30-day period from installation of the CS6 upgrade.

So Manish-Sharma, I will happily try what Jimbo has outlined (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4492856#4492856) while we all wait for Adobe to 1) fix the problem and 2) deal with what will likely become a tsunami of complaints.

@ Jim - thank you

Kind regards,

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Manish-Sharma #37 The link to this problem does not apply in any way to my situation. I installed CS6 on a brand new machine that never had CS5.5 on it. I still have the failure to launch problem with Acrobat X. I did do the deactivate/reactivate procedure (without deleting the cache file) and it is working for now. Do I need to wait 30 days to see if it is going to reappear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the issue where every few weeks Acrobat X Pro (from CS6 Design & Web Premium) just stops working. I do NOT get an error message, as your fix suggests. It just does not load whatsoever. I have called, emailed, zendesked, and tried to chat. NO ONE will help or even try. Somoene told me it was a batch file issue, but this is across the baord--not just with that type of file. PDFs will not load whatsoever unless they're embedded in a website.

CS6 Design & Web Premium and all other software within the CS6 is functionally and never had an issue.. Installed 6 months ago. Acrobat never installed originally because I had Acrobat X standard...so I had to go uninstall that and reinstall the whole thing from the start, which is dumb, because it should warn you that you must uninstall previous versions so you don't have this issue. Repair does not work. Uninstalled & reinstalled at least 5x since (most recently 2 weeks ago, which defies the 30-day limit others are suggesting). Currently Acrobat X Pro is broken AGAIN. Obviously you're investigating an error message no one in these forums is reporting having. What is your actual fix? If I can't call, can't use support chat, get no answers but to use the support chat (which, by the way, I had to get navigational instructions to even ACCESS since it is disabled for most of Acrobat) which does NOT work, what the heck am I supposed to do? I have to have this software for work. I use it many times a day. I have now been without for 20 hours. I have been trying to get someone to help me at Adobe since 4pm EST yesterday (it is now just after 8am EST). I suggest Adobe stops breaking Creative Suite software to try to squeeze subscriptions out of everyone. If something is BROKEN, you should NOT SELL IT. Obviously this issue has been widespread and ongoing for several YEARS. Why hasn't it been actually addressed & fixed???

Who has an actual resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with CS6 Master Collection on a WIN 7 64x machine. Acrobet would not start but I could see it appear in the Task Manager for a few second and the disapear. Without the Task Manager, it seem like nothing was happening. I tried manually install the latest patch, but it would not fix. So I end up clearing the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD Folder. After that, it ask me to accept the license and it worked again...

Hope it helps releasing a fix!

thanks, Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with the same issue also.

I completely uninstalled Master Collection CS5.5 before installing Master Collection CS6 (Windows 7 x64 Pro). (NOT USING CS5 or CS5.5 at all once i starting using CS6).

(exactly 30 days later with no warning, just a random quit of Acrobat X).

The program will not load now at all.

I will try to deactivate and reactivate.

Something is not adding up here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivation/Reactivation fix seemed to work...for now.

I have to say i'm really disappointed here. It seems like Adobe doesn't even recognize the full extent of the problem.

Maybe i've just been lucky, but this is the first time i've had to post/deal with an Adobe bug like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OFFICIAL FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM --- THIS IS WHAT I GOT DIRECTLY FROM ADOBE SUPPORT --

Please view transcript

Raghu: Hi Matt .

Raghu: I have received your query. Please allow me a moment to verify your account and to review the details of your request.

Raghu: I  understand that you are unable to open Acrobat X on Windows 7.

Raghu: Am I correct ?

Matt Lok: yes but it worked before

Matt Lok: and all the other apps on the cs6 master suite works

Raghu: Okay, I'll be glad to assist you with that.

Raghu: Please navigate to C:\program files(X86)\Common files\Adobe\Adobe PCD.

Matt Lok: ok

Raghu: Open Cache folder.

Matt Lok: ok i see 1 file - cache.db

Raghu: Please move it to desktop.

Matt Lok: ok done

Raghu: Please open Photoshop from CS 6 suite.

Matt Lok: ok i opened the x64 version of photoshop

Raghu: Click on 'Help' > 'deactivate'.

Matt Lok: ok it's deactivated

Raghu: Please close it and open it back and activate it.

Matt Lok: ok i signed in to the adobe account and then it launched photoshop

Matt Lok: deactivated is greyed out

Raghu: Okay fine, please open Acrobat X now.

Matt Lok: ok i opened it and now it said 30 day trial

Raghu: Do you have the option for 'License this software' ?

Matt Lok: yes

Raghu: Click on that please.

Raghu: Any issues ?

Matt Lok: i just did the activation

Raghu: Okay please let me know if any issues.

Raghu: Are we still connected ?

Matt Lok: yes

Matt Lok: just testing

Matt Lok: it seems to be ok

Raghu: Great.

Matt Lok: but is this a permanant fix

Matt Lok: or do i have to do this again later

Raghu: Please close Acrobat X and open it to test once again.

Matt Lok: seems to be ok now

Raghu: This is a permanent fix Matt.

Raghu: Acrobat X will work without any issues.

Matt Lok: ok great

Raghu: No need to worry about it.

Raghu: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Matt Lok: that's about it, everything else works 100%. Thanks again for helping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MAtt, I followed the entire instruction set and it appeasrs to be good.....I hope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines