• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Wont Start

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat X as part of CS6. Seemed to work fine since installation. Two days ago, it stopped working, won't open. I tried the fixes listed in this forum. No luck.

Can Adobe help please.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Hi All,

Adobe has provided a hotfix to resolve this issue permanently . Kindly follow Solution 2 mentioned at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html and check if you get Exit Code 0.

Feel free to post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 140 Replies 140
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also if you are a Creative Cloud Member, please ensure Acrobat X was installed through the Adobe Appplication Manager and that you are running the latest version from here

Windows
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Mac OS
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Note: This version is only available here has to be downloaded and installed manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same Acrobat issue for the first time. Unfortunately this is my second issue with the Creative Suite (the first was with Dreamweaver), and this isn't cheap software. CS5 was phenomenal, but I'm very disappointed with the quality of CS6. Hopefully I don't have to come back in 30 days and go off the deep end..... stay posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be sorted Adobe. The fix worked now 30 days later, guess what? No Acrobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I have deactivated again and Acrobat is back - let's see how long for this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As everyone has been posting, I too am having the exact same problem. I believe that most of us are professionals and if I gave a client this type of service (not answering or fixing), I wouldn't have clients any longer. Unfortunately, we (me) are held prisoners by Adobe... so frustrating but can't do a darn thing about it. I can stomp my feet and scream at my computer, but nothing will change.

It really sucks and I don't have time for this. ARGGGHHH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what most have suggested. Deactivated/reactivated. Everything working fine. For now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too ... things seem to be OK ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, 30 days later and the same problem is back again!!!!  The fix is temporary as in 30 day temporary.  Way to go Adobe - now how about a real fix???

As a side note - its also stupid that you can no longer drag a file into the adobe acrobat window to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if everyone is using the same "workaround". I received specific, step by step instructions from a support person. It involved downloading a program and running it after deactivating CS6 products. After that I reinstalled all the apps again. Now, it has not been 30 days yet, I am not sure if my problem is solved. But it will be really helpfull if Adobe published this set of instructions for everyone to follow, which I suggested in my thank you note. If you have all used the same procedure, then I stand corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ... I really glad to hear that I wil have to do this every 30 days! I wonder if anyone from Adobe monitors this forum ... HA HA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its my understanding that the solution outlined here should resolve the issue permanently

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-x-closes-launch-creative.html

If you've completed this solution and are continuing to experience the issue please post

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX ... will try and post what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

followed instructions and reactivated suite. so far, so good - THX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to post to let you know that I first experienced this problem about 30 days after installing CS6 master collection. 

Several days ago, it died again.  So, I am concerned that the fix is not really "permanent".    In addition to taking my time and creating a "crisis" in my workflow, I am concerned that Adobe may not give us an unlimited supply of "deactivations" to get the system up and running ever few weeks.

For now, I'll just try the work around "again" and hope this time it will be permanent.

CB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My boss called Adobe (Acrobat division) last night and they finally admitted this has been occurring since release in May, and did not have a permanent solution for this issue.  They have an idea (something about Acrobat and CS suite registration meshing together improperly) where the issue lays but do not have a fix as of this post (obviously).  They also said they are working on trying to find a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I returned from vacation and - surprise - Acrobat X does not work again! In the last months I experienced the discussed issue three times - each time after around 30 days- and feel frustrated again. In the past I have tried out all found 'workarounds' incl. a complete re-installation of CS6, but it only lasted for 30 days. So today I scanned again all forums for news and found some 'solutions', which I applied. But - surprise - none of them helped and Acrobat X does still not work on my machine, which was not the case after the previous try outs (where at least for the following 30 days it worked). So my feeling is finally that the found solutions work a few times for 30 days, but they only postpone the problem to a later stage. At least on my system I am not able anymore to get Acrobat X running. What options do I have now? Why is there no proper solution provided by Adobe? Any hints from someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eventualy I found a solution for this issue, but am not sure if this is permanent solution:

a.) Opened InDesign and in the Help menu deactivated it, then closed InDesign.

b.) Opened Acrobat X and activated it through the Help menu by entering the Adobe ID and in a second window, by entering the licencse number for CS6, then closed Acrobat X.

And now Acrobat X seems to work again, as also all the other CS6 products (Photoshop, etc.). But who knows if this is permanent? Will come back if the issue occurs again (after 30 days?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my Acrobat X stopped working after 30 days like everyone else. Deactived and reactivated as described and it now opens existing pdf documents but does not want to open on its own and no Acrobat icon listed with the other CS6 components .... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I applied the fix according to the step-by-step instructions I received in the mail, I have not had any problems with Acrobat X or any CS6 applications. I have even run CS5 apps on occasion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. But what happens after 30 days? I experienced this three times and could fix it acc. to your instructions, but not the fourth time any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I'm back again exactly after 30 days. And what happens? Same issue again, Acrobat X does not start again! Cannot believe it, this drives me really crazy. What can I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join the zombies and pay up to upgrade to Acrobat 11.  I don't believe Adobe fixes product flaws anymore without issuing a new major version to address the issues the previous version introduced.   Seems each new version has less features than the old one did as well - maybe its just my opinion.

We basically tossed our V10 licenses in the trash and downgraded back to 9 while warming up to Corel.

-Overwhelmingly disappointed in Adobe as of late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Have now applied the instructions as posted on http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html and Acrobat X starts up again as it should. The question is again what happens after 30 days? Will give a feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem.  Fixed it by removing Acrobat X and reinstalling 9 until Adobe fixes the problem.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - Adobe Acrobat X as part of CS6 suite will not start after ~30 days.  I re-install each time.  Anyone come up with a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines