Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACROBAT XI PRO SHUTTING DOWN

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anyone.

Have started having issues with Acrobat XI Pro version just shutting down after about 5 seconds.

Have unistalled and re-installed and same is happening. This wasn't happeniong pre new year and worked fine until Dec 2019.

Anyone able to advise what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks

Dean

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

These are the steps I used for Windows 10 Pro. If you have a different operating system, your steps could look slightly different but hopefully, it will still be helpful to you.

1. Click the search icon next to the Windows icon and type “Firewall” to find your firewall settings

Jacki_G_0-1594144831143.png

1. You should get a list that looks something like this
    Jacki_G_1-1594144831157.png

2. Click Windows Defender Firewall. You should now see something like this
    Jacki_G_2-1594144831164.png

3. Click Advanced Settings
    Jacki_G_9-1594145412367.png

4. Click Inbound Rules
    Jacki_G_3-1594144831169.png

5. Click “New Rule”
    Jacki_G_4-1594144831172.png

6. Click Program, then Next
    Jacki_G_5-1594144831172.png

7. Click “This program

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

CORRECT SOLUTION:

1. Install official Microsoft Compatibility Administrator found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install#adkwin10

2. start "Compatibility Administrator (64-bit).exe" in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Kits\Windows ADK\Application Compatibility Toolkit\Developer and Tester Tools\

3. expand "System Database" > expand "Applications" > find and click "adobe creative suit 6" > on the right window "right" click pdapp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dean

We are sorry for the trouble.  As described Acrobat XI pro is shutting down after 5 sec

What is the version of the application installed? To check the version of the application please use the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Adobe Acrobat XI is an old application the last update was released on November 14, 2017 version 11.0.23. Please make sure you have the application updated. If not, please update the application Go to Help > Check for Updates. You may manually download the patch using the link - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Note: Adobe Acrobat XI is an end of life application. For more information please use the help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) To check version: mine will not stay open long enough  to check; however, I had received a message that an update was available (this was new update message info in November 2019 not 2017 at noted last update) which then errored and wouldn't install. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, shutdown, reinstalled, and still no luck. Same issue on a different computer. The update issue started in Dec and the shutdown started today on my computer and last week on the other computer.

2) link for manual update: is an index of updates with no actual updates available at the end of all the click-throughs.

3) end of life - my philosophy was "if aint' broke don't fix it" so now it is apparantly a force break as it is happening to multiple installations to help the revenue stream - buy or subscribe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2) Updates are available here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/11.x/

(replace win with mac if you're on a Mac computer)

3) What's your OS? If you have the Catalina, for example, then it's not compatible with Acrobat XI, and then it is "broke" and needs to be replaced. If you have Windows 10 then you could still probably run it by updating to the latest version and maybe running the application in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows 7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link doesn't appear to work - it goes to "connection was reset" page.  Any ideas where else I can find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me... Try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting this week, our Acrobat XI Pro is crashing.  When I call up a document and try to print, it will crash/disappear.  When I try to combine files, it will start, then crash before I can save.

Didn't know if there was some time limit on the software since it is happening with both copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Williamd,

We are sorry for the trouble, As described the application is crashing on printing.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs you try to print? Please try printing a different PDF file and check. Also, try printing as an image. Open the PDF > Go to Print  > Advanced > Print as Image.

Adobe Acrobat XI pro is an old application. the last update was released on November 14, 2017 version 11.0.23. Make sure you have the latest version. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

You may also refer to the help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards,

Amal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved for me:

Was on version 11.0.0

1. downloaded and applied patch 11.0.23 (from links in this post)

2.  modified via properties to run in compatability mode for windows 7:

adobe.png

So far PDF's are staying open and not shutting down after 5 - 10 seconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vabarb,

Thank you for sharing the observation. We are glad to hear that the issue got resolved.

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you vabarb for posting this workaround.

For users who, like me, are not tech savvy, I am posting a ver helping points re the above.

1. To download the patch, click on the link in the post above.  Then you have to click through several more layers until there's a final link.  Click on that and it will start a ~10 minute download.  Ince it's downloaded, you should see a gear-like icon on your desktop.  Click RUN on this and follow the instructions.

2. To get to Properties, I right-clicked on teh Adobe icon that's pinned to my taskbar.  That popped up a menu of all the PDFs i had opened lately.  At the bottom of the list, you'll see Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (right above "unpin this icon").  Right click on that "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro", and you'll see a Properties option.  Click on properties and you'll see the screen in the screenshot above.

I am able to use Adobe again, but the functionality is definitely not 100%.  For instance, a bunch of the icons that used to show at the top (like the edit icon) are no longer there and when I add them, they vanish when I close the app.  Pretty frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm for me as well.  This after trying everything I could find, and working with Adobe tech support.  Thank you so much.

- Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the update downloaded - AcrobatUpd11023.msp - not sure how to install the patch.  When I try to select it, I get an error message - This Patch could not be opened.  Contact the application vendor to verify it is a valid Windows installer patch package.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-clicking the file will run it. You have to close Acrobat first, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE ACROBAT XI PRO with Windows 7 

Started crash on 1/17/20

Get message

Adobe Acrobat has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have uninstalled Adobe Acrobat XI Pro from the Programs and Features in the Control Panel

I have downloaded and ran the Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool

I have removed the following folders from windows

C:\ProgramData\Adobe

C:\Program Files\Common Files Adobe

And reinstalled Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and it is still crashing.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it worked for two days then the same issue.

HELP I have a small business to run.

"ADOBE ACROBAT XI PRO with Windows 8

Started crash on 1/17/20

Get message

Adobe Acrobat has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I have uninstalled Adobe Acrobat XI Pro from the Programs and Features in the Control Panel

I have downloaded and ran the Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool

I have removed the following folders from windows

C:\ProgramData\Adobe

C:\Program Files\Common Files Adobe

And reinstalled Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and it is still crashing.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this issue." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (213).pngScreenshot (212).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

Adobe Acrobat XI is an old application the last update was released on November 14, 2017 version 11.0.23. Please make sure you have the application updated. If not, please update the application Go to Help > Check for Updates. You may manually download the patch using the link - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Note: Adobe Acrobat XI is an end of life application. Adobe strongly recommends that you update to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. By updating installations to the latest versions, you benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures. 

For more information please use the help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others I was having the same issue. I've got Acrobat Pro XI perpetual license on my PC Windows 10. I found a temporary fix was to check/run updates from Help/Check for Updates. Even though the update failed due to the lack of some DLL, it did resolve the issue for several hours. Finally, the way I resolved this issue was to go into Windows Firewall and create both an inbound rule and outbound rule that prevents Adobe from communicaitng with my PC. Since they no longer offer support there is no reason to communicate with my computer. You won't see Adobe listed in the list of applications so you will need to add the path to Program Files x86 and then to the .exe path. This will be the Adobe icon. Once you complete these rules in Windows Firewall your issue should be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the issue on two different computers, both were after upgrades to Windows 10 (after support for Win 7 expired). The Adobe Acrobat XI Pro licenses were purchased back in the 2015 timeframe and now the software will not activate properly on the new computers. I was able to get a successful activation through phone support but am now being directed to this forum. Very frustrating after paying so much for the software and now not being able to use it thanks to Microsoft and forced obsolescence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to get it working on one of the computers (originally a Win 7 prior to forced upgrade) and not on the other (a Win 10 native) that I initially had issues with.

Win7 upgraded to Win 10:

I had to unistall everything, restart, run Win 10 update, restart, reinstall from file I retrieved for link above, didn't work, uninstall, run Win 10 update, restart, and reinstall to accomplish. Also turned off auto update so it will not keep looking for what will never be. If this had not worked I was going to purchase competitor stand-alone product as a more cost-effective solution to the foreverness that has become Adobe subscriptions.

Win10 native: Gave up after doing all of the above and just loaded free Reader-DC version, since it is the boss's computer and she mostly just reads and adds a signature ocassionally.  Otherwise, if she needs to have a scanned pdf converted to searchable, I can do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bassistant

Thank you for sharing your observation on this issue. It will certainly help other users having a similar issue.

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed. Since Acrobat XI is an end of life application there isn't much that we can do. For more information please use the help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you buy a used car, the original carmaker cannot sabotage it, or prevent you from using it, or even preventing you from transfering the warranty if you jump through the correct legal hoops.  I'm no lawyer, but it appears Adobe has openned itself to a class-action type lawsuit by making older versions of the software shut down remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In sabotaging software owners, Adobe is breaking the law, actually several laws both state and federal.  By way of analogy, if you buy a new car, the carmaker does not have the right to sabotage it just becasue you don't by a new one, or purchase a warrranty.  Likewise, if you buy a used car, the original carmaker cannot sabotage it, or prevent you from using it, or even preventing you from transfering the warranty if you jump through the correct legal hoops.  I'm no lawyer, but it appears Adobe has openned itself to a class-action type lawsuit by making older versions of the software shut down remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  In sabotaging software owners, Adobe is breaking the law, actually several laws both state and federal.  By way of analogy, if you buy a new car, the carmaker does not have the right to sabotage it just becasue you don't by a new one, or purchase a warrranty.  Likewise, if you buy a used car, the original carmaker cannot sabotage it, or prevent you from using it, or even preventing you from transfering the warranty if you jump through the correct legal hoops.  I'm no lawyer, but it appears Adobe has openned itself to a class-action type lawsuit by making older versions of the software shut down remotely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines