Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACROBAT XI PRO SHUTTING DOWN

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anyone.

Have started having issues with Acrobat XI Pro version just shutting down after about 5 seconds.

Have unistalled and re-installed and same is happening. This wasn't happeniong pre new year and worked fine until Dec 2019.

Anyone able to advise what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks

Dean

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

These are the steps I used for Windows 10 Pro. If you have a different operating system, your steps could look slightly different but hopefully, it will still be helpful to you.

1. Click the search icon next to the Windows icon and type “Firewall” to find your firewall settings

Jacki_G_0-1594144831143.png

1. You should get a list that looks something like this
    Jacki_G_1-1594144831157.png

2. Click Windows Defender Firewall. You should now see something like this
    Jacki_G_2-1594144831164.png

3. Click Advanced Settings
    Jacki_G_9-1594145412367.png

4. Click Inbound Rules
    Jacki_G_3-1594144831169.png

5. Click “New Rule”
    Jacki_G_4-1594144831172.png

6. Click Program, then Next
    Jacki_G_5-1594144831172.png

7. Click “This program

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

CORRECT SOLUTION:

1. Install official Microsoft Compatibility Administrator found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install#adkwin10

2. start "Compatibility Administrator (64-bit).exe" in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Kits\Windows ADK\Application Compatibility Toolkit\Developer and Tester Tools\

3. expand "System Database" > expand "Applications" > find and click "adobe creative suit 6" > on the right window "right" click pdapp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running ver 11.0 and since everything about this version works for me (other than starting to shut down, of course) I don't even want to update to 11.23. So in case this is true for anyone else, I wanted to let everyone know that I have managed to get it to stop shutting down. I skipped all the updating and didn't change to compatibility mode. I simply followed the advice for creating a rule in the firewall as previously suggested by AllenDA. Once I created the inbound and outbound rules to block Adobe, I stopped having the problem and haven't lost any functionality or icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AllenDA and Jacki_G or anyone here. I am not tech savy. Could you please show a step by step instruction to create the rules in the firewall as suggested/done ? Appreciate it much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noraida, Before you mess with the firewall, which is both technical and risky, and different for every firewall so we can't give you step by step instructions...  have you updated to 11.0.23? And why are you even running version 11, it has unfixed security problems, you should get up to date if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the steps I used for Windows 10 Pro. If you have a different operating system, your steps could look slightly different but hopefully, it will still be helpful to you.

1. Click the search icon next to the Windows icon and type “Firewall” to find your firewall settings

Jacki_G_0-1594144831143.png

1. You should get a list that looks something like this
    Jacki_G_1-1594144831157.png

2. Click Windows Defender Firewall. You should now see something like this
    Jacki_G_2-1594144831164.png

3. Click Advanced Settings
    Jacki_G_9-1594145412367.png

4. Click Inbound Rules
    Jacki_G_3-1594144831169.png

5. Click “New Rule”
    Jacki_G_4-1594144831172.png

6. Click Program, then Next
    Jacki_G_5-1594144831172.png

7. Click “This program path” and type the path or browse to where Acrobat.exe is located.
    Jacki_G_8-1594145064416.png
    ** Most likely here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat
    Click Next

8. Click “Block the connection”, click Next
    Jacki_G_7-1594144831174.png

9. Click Next again

10. Name the Rule, click Finish.

11. Go back to step #4 and click “Outbound Rule”

12. Repeat steps 5-10 to create the outbound rule

Good Luck, I hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 30, 2021

i followed the steps above from test screen name. It works. That's all that needs to be said. Thank you for making a step by step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me!!!! Awesome x Awesome !!!!! thank you, I have been installing, uninstalling, even searching for a different product!!!!! glad I searched for an answer one more time!!! thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too!!  Thank you so much.  SOOOOO frustrating trying to install the update!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why, but this didn't work for me.  I'm hoping that when I reboot my computer it will, but doubt that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!  That worked for me as I dispaired of fixing this.  Add in the last step - reboot your computer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it worked on adobe acrobat XI standard too.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!! That did it. I had to do it within my McAfee but that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great stuff, worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responces!

I've had this problem almost all year; and went practially bald (pulling my hair out) trying to fix it.

Just downloaded update from 11.0.0 to 11.0.23.  So far, so good.

Thank you!

David Wedell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm on 10.1.16? how did you update? go to help/check updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the last 10.x version. You can't update from it to 11.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you who sitll haven't solved this problem, go to this link and install the patch:

Edited by moderator to remove reference to downloading Adobe software from non-authorized, non-Adobe location!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat XI updates are available directly from Adobe's FTP site. There's no need to download them from a third-party source. They can be found here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/11.x/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same "crash" issue that everyone here has posted about. I've tried every link to download the update, and none are working for me - they just open to a blank page. Can anyone offer any suggestions? This is so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has blocked a lot of downloads. I think Adobe may still offer them, but not for long. To get a download, try this: get the link. Open a NEW browser window. Paste the link. Chrome will close this down soon, closing down a lot of the internet. Or try a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, actually, that won't work. Chrome has closed down FTP, blocking access to millions of apps, updates and more. Thanks for nothing, Google!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only blocking the option to browse FTP folders, or also the option to download files from an FTP site? If the latter, that is catastrophic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a different browser to access it (like Firefox) or an FTP application (like SmartFTP).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the Firefox recommendation! I tried on Chrome, Edge and Explorer - all were blocking the ftp site. It's downloading now, so fingers crossed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update worked, and all seems to be working fine so far. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems installing the patch.  When I attempt to install it, I receive the following error message;

scotschwallenberg_0-1644327117946.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines