• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating my new Acrobat Pro licence

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased Acrobat Pro 2020 full licence, and have a new serial number. I have installed it, but when I open it, it says ‘trial expired’ and I don’t have full functionality.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Did you purchase it from Adobe, or from a third-party? If the latter, which one? And where you able to register it under your account on Adobe's website?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

This is a user-to-user forum, for the most part. You should contact Adobe directly for help with this issue:
Chat support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
(make sure pop-ups are not blocked; type "Agent" to chat with a real person)
Phone support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
There's no email support.

Beware of people contacting you via the forums' messaging system pretending to work for Adobe! Only those with an "Adobe Employee" tag under their name are legit. Also,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase it from Adobe, or from a third-party? If the latter, which one? And where you able to register it under your account on Adobe's website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try67

Yes, I bought it by clicking on the ‘trial expired’ label, which also said ‘buy now’. I logged in to buy it, and as far as I can tell, I registered it. Perhaps that didn't succeed.

I'll be switching off for the night in a few minutes, so hope things become clearer tomorrow when I restart.

thanks, Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear try67 and everyone

Can anyone guide me as to how to solve this?

I have bought Acrobat Pro 2020. It costs just shy of £600 (GBP). I was given a new serial number, and apparently downloaded it: ‘installation successful’. My understanding is that this is a non-subscription permanent licence, and that what I’ve bought is full Acrobat Pro but without the support and upgrades available on the subscription model. Is that correct?

I have now received an email from Adobe asking me to complete my purchase. But I did complete it; the bank gave me an authorisation code, but Adobe haven’t taken the money. The bank assures me that it’s there, pending, ready for them to take.

How do I persuade them to accept the authorisation code, take the money, complete the transaction and provide me with fully functional software?

with thanks

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, for the most part. You should contact Adobe directly for help with this issue:
Chat support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
(make sure pop-ups are not blocked; type "Agent" to chat with a real person)
Phone support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
There's no email support.

Beware of people contacting you via the forums' messaging system pretending to work for Adobe! Only those with an "Adobe Employee" tag under their name are legit. Also, Adobe will never offer to contact you via Skype, or use an email account that's not under the adobe.com domain...

PS. You wrote: "what I’ve bought is full Acrobat Pro but without the support and upgrades available on the subscription model. Is that correct?"

Not quite. The "perpetual license" version does not have the same updates available to it as the subscription-based one. They are often lagging behind by quite a bit, if they are implemented at all for it. The rest is accurate, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Try67

Many thanks, this was immensely helpful. I hadn't succeeded in finding those telephone numbers on the Adobe website. I managed to contact an assistant via the phone link you provided, and eventually she was able to solve the problem. I now have Acrobat up and running.

Thanks again

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines