• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add more colors in color picker in Adobe Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to draw on a PDF form we created.  I have already found the tools in Comments to do draw with our pen, but I am needing more colors to choose from in the color picker.   Is there an option to add more colors to the color picker, or to adjust the colors that are offered?  Opacity only changes the transparency of the color.   Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface - operating Windows 10; Adobe Acrobat software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. When you click the color button in the floating toolbar called "Pencil Mark Properties" you should see a selection of various colors.

You can then click on Other Color... and you'll see this window:

Here you can select your own colors and add them to the Custom Colors list at the bottom. It's not the easiest way to get to them, but it's only one available as a built-in feature.

Another option is to use a script where you could define your own custom colors and switch between them much more quickly.

I've developed a (paid-for) tools that allows you to do that, with pretty much any kind of commenting tool. You can find it here:

Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat/Reader -- Quickly Switch Between Highlighter Colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.  I do not see a floating toolbar in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - I have the Comment toolbar that appears when I select that tool, but there isn't an option to choose for "Pencil Mark Properties."   What am I missing?   Could it be because it's a fillable PDF that was created by a family member, and maybe they locked some options I'm not able to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote before you were using Acrobat, not Reader...

At any rate, are you using the Pencil tool? If so, try pressing Ctrl+E and that toolbar should appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Is there a way to add a custom color to the color picker using a folder level JavaScript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines