• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding certified signature to lock document from further changes causes invalid previous signatures.

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using syncfusion library for pdf digital signing and faced an issue that was not hapenning with previous versions of adobe even DC but older build ... that when adding multiple signatures then lock document with last signer using certificated flag and changing document permission to forbidchanges, all previous signatures become invalid with message "document has been altered or corrupted since it was signed".

when i didn't set the permission flag to forbidchanges the signatures are still valid but users can add comments or annotations.

can you please confirm if this is an issue with DC latest release or this is a change in DC security for digital signaures ... knowing that same file works fine with adobe reader xi other pdf readers like foxit reader.

i even posted a ticket on syncfusion forum to ask for a fix and they replied back it an adobe reader issue that was fixed earlier in a previous version 21.001.20140 and it seems that fix was not included for later versions.

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/176901/digital-signature-multiple-signatures-then-lock-document-is...

see screen shots below and attached files.

by syncfusion

Jacobs1005_0-1662901026001.png

by syncfusion without forbidchanges

Jacobs1005_1-1662901051316.png

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines