Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adding page numbers to a multi-page document over existing headers/footers without changing them

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have complied a document from multiple pdf files, each with its own distinctive header and footer that I want to retain.  I want to add page numbers to the entire document, but when I tried that via Headers and Footers, it changes all headers and footers to conform to whatever is on the first page.

The only other option seems to be adding a consecutively numbered text box to each page of the document, which is time consuming (ugh).

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look into Bates Numbering. That should do what you want.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect!  That's exactly what I needed to do!  Thanks much!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines