• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acroabt Chrome Extension not opening Print Dialogue Mac OS

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting on the behalf of another user. I am trying to print something via the Adobe Chrome extension and whenever I try to print a PDF, it does nothing. Chrome is up to date, Mac OS is up to date, and I have restarted. This is for an Intel-based MacBook Pro, 2019. I also saw this was a bug in 2020, but seems to be coming up again here. He has to manually download each PDF and print which defeats the purpose of the extension. Thanks. 

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The extension may not work as intrended if the user doesn't have at least Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free PDF viewer) , in which case the extension works for downloading and viewing but lacks of the basic PDF editing features. The PDF-Maker extension, on the other hand, is intended to be used with a paid susbcription of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (full desktop PDF editor).

Can you confirm if the user have properly installed in that computer Adobe Acrobat Pro?

If yes, can you also confirm if  his/her paid subscription is current?

In addition to having the OS and the web browser up to date, the extension iteself may need to be manually updated as well.

Additional Tip:

• The user must ensure that the current web browser isn't set as the default PDF viewer in that computer; Adobe Acrobat Pro should be set as the default PDF handler/viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their PDF default is Adobe Acrobat DC. and they do not have a paid subscription. They have been able to print from the Chrome Adobe extension for several months. Having a paid subscription should have absolutely nothing to do with that functionality. I just tested it out on my laptop, it works fine. I don't pay Adobe for anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've missed the point entirely of  what I was trying to help with.

I didn't asked you if you pay Adobe for anything or not, but you'll be alright.

Seems like you've figured it out.

To report a bug, request a feature or voice your opinion about any Adobe product you may use the links below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ls_rbls You just explained how it may not work as desired unless the user has Acrobat DC Pro. You are missing my point. For the third time lol, this user has been able to print from the Adobe Acrobat Chrome extension just fine until now. Nothing has changed. 

Now, out of the clear blue sky, clicking the print icon within the extension itself does nothing whatsoever. I couldn't care less if the "intended design" for the extension is for it to be used in tandem with Adobe Acrobat. With all due respect, what on earth does having the Acrobat DC Pro application installed have to do with any of this? Especially when I have proven several times that printing from the Adobe Chrome extension works just fine without it. 

Also, you literally did ask if they had a paid subscription two different times:

"Can you confirm if the user have properly installed in that computer Adobe Acrobat Pro?"

"If yes, can you also confirm if  his/her paid subscription is current?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you're saying. My apologies.

At the time of my initial reply I wasn't sure if the user was employing features with that extension that requires  to have  a paid subscription.

I was trying to rule out if it was something else  rather than just focusing on the printing part.

You may have acrobat pro dc installed but the customer be missing payments, for example... I was considering the billing part (if any), but you already clarified that.

Once again, my apologies.

I can only think for that user to uninstall the extension on chrome, and reset Chrome to default and add the extension again, OR, just uninstall Chrome completely and download and install the latest version before adding the extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying, I'm afraid I have already tried all of those ideas too. I believe he's going to carry on with a different workaround I gave him. Thanks anyways. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines