• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard disappeared

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Acrobat Reader DC just updated to a 64 bit version and the process seems to have deleted my Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard, which I use to update pdf's.  I want to get it back.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it must have been the Grinch dressed as Acrobat Reader DC because only Adobe updates would mess with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly was a complete delete here, silent, but no trace of Acrobat 9 remaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it deleted the program files but left behind a few directories, deleated the licensing service, the PDF printer, menu shortcuts, etc., but it did not remove many of the program registry entries except for file associations and such. Uninstaller file and information were also removed so there was no way to uninstall remnants other than manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd,

Then what happened to my Acrobat 9.0 exe file?  All of hte file folders are still there in the Program Files folder.  However they are all empty.  Either put the file merge and editing functionality into reader DC of give us a way to reinstall a fully updated version of Acrobat 9.0 that was stolen from us.  Or show us where we all agreed to your planned obselense theft when we purchased 9.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd,

You must be running for political office.  I don't care if a Reader DC update removed Acrobat 9 directly or indirectly led to 9 being deleted, in the end Adobe did the dirty deed and needs to be called out on it.   Not a peep from them about this mess they have caused.  And not the only case of their corporate malfeasance in recent history based on hubris and most likely greed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is absolutely untrue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines