• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC 2015 License issue

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a volume license for Acrobat DC 2015 that I have been using for the last 8 years.  We have it installed on approximately 40 computers and have a 50 license pack.  Adobe has verified that my serial number is active and valid, however we receieve the below pop up each time Acrobat is opened.

Capture.JPG

If I continue it fails, however I can close the pop up and continue working.  It comes back every few minutes and with each document opened.  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have 50 licences, on how many computers did you install the licences? Did you before uninstalling, sign out the licence?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years, it has been installed more than 50 times, but its currently installed on approximately 40 workstations or servers.  I never logged out when retiring a computer and it worked just fine until yesterday when we started receving this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess they found out about it and blocked you from further exceeding your seat limit. You must deactivate/log out from any computer you want to retire! Maybe there's a way to deactivate all current seats and then re-activate them, though. You'll need to ask Adobe's enterprise support about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent several hours on the phone with support.  They said the license was not blocked in their system and they do not show a count of the total activations.  Adobe enterprise support suggested I go to the forums because they are unable to assist with the older versions.  Just looking for any possible ideas to get past this message.  It seems more like a bug than an issue with the license as it shows the same number of days, 32767, which is approximately 90 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems more like a bug than an issue with the license as it shows the same number of days, 32767, which is approximately 90 years. 

By @Matt B12345

Sure, it may well be a bug appearing only when installing the old software on a newer (unsupported) OS. That's the risk to take.

To be clear, the error could have originated anywhere between your system and Adobe. What Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 11 and Server 2016, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years, it has been installed more than 50 times, but its currently installed on approximately 40 workstations or servers.  I never logged out when retiring a computer and it worked just fine until yesterday when we started receving this message.

By @Matt B12345

You may have hit the magic number of activations yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No new computers have been activated in several months and Adobe support confirmed the license was okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to activate, I receive the following

Capture1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? I am having the same issue with Acrobat DC 2015. But I have not done any installs for this version. The user reported this issue out of the blue and getting both messages you have attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I don't have a single useful update.  I have spent several hours on the phone with support, but they are limited because the product is no longer supported.  I will make sure I update the post if I find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines