Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC can't open pdf's from one specific folder

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Coming up against a weird problem.  Acrobat isn't able to open or import/combine pdfs from one specific shared folder.  I can still open them through explorer, but when trying to import from or opening that folder through the adobe program.  I get the error "Bytes not ready."  I can import and combine from others folders, it's just this one that's giving the error.  Any ideas?

-Nick

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick27815091abk7,

Thank you for reaching out.

As mentioned, it is a shared folder. Ensure you have permission to change the files from that folder. Could you please share the screenshot of the error message you received?

Try saving the files locally on the machine and check if you can combine them.

Share the Acrobat and OS version numbers.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi,

Saving the files locally does allow the pdf's to be opened and combined, but that's a lot of unnecessary work around.  I have attached the error message.Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 9_Fotor.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines