• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC does not start anymore in Windows 11

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday Acrobat DC (not Reader) does not start or opens any PDF file. At best the program opens for a second and then closes. Re-Install did not help.

I am workin on W11 Pro, Version 21H2, 64-bit-OS.

All hints on creating dump reports failed until now.

What can I do?

Thx in advance

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described Acrobat Pro DC does not start or open any PDF file and reinstalling the application didn't help

either.

Please run the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer and reinstall the applcationu sing the link  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and check.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights i

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

After hours of frustrating troubleshooting, the following fixed the problem for me:

1) Go to your local Windows user folder in Windows Explorer.

C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat​

2) Enable hidden items under the 'View' menu.
MysoreLab_1-1671145413046.png

3) Open the now-visible 'AppData' folder (it should still be slightly greyed out).

4) Delete the following folders (you'll have to open each one individually, then return to the 'AppData' folder):

C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat
C:\Us

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Thank you @Mysore . This fixed my issue today.

The third folder I deleted was:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roming\Adobe\Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am having the same problem and I tried the process and cleaner tool recommended but it has not worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @zenar6248392 

What happens when you try to open the application? Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same.

Also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens. The app does not launch whether I try to do that from the start menu or whether I try to open a PDF document

Since I need to be able to do that, I have found a different solution and uninstalled it. How do I ensure that the monthly charge stops?

Sincerely,

Douglas Brown, PhD

[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens on my screen when I try to open a PDF, but when I press task manager Adobe is open there and I have to end task.

I don’t want another user clogging up my system, please provide an alternative solution as it is not practical to transfer everything over when it could just happen all over again

I have tried putting adobe on the exception list for trend anti virus that did not work

Tried uninstalling reinstalling that didn’t work.

Tried uninstalling cleaning reinstalling that didn’t work.

I don’t have the hidden folder so I didn’t try deleting the 3 items

Nothing works

I am not getting any work done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After hours of frustrating troubleshooting, the following fixed the problem for me:

1) Go to your local Windows user folder in Windows Explorer.

C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat​

2) Enable hidden items under the 'View' menu.
MysoreLab_1-1671145413046.png

3) Open the now-visible 'AppData' folder (it should still be slightly greyed out).

4) Delete the following folders (you'll have to open each one individually, then return to the 'AppData' folder):

C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat
C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Acrobat
C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming

5) Reopen Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - it seems this helped. At least I can open files now and Acrobat DC seems to be running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Mysore . This fixed my issue today.

The third folder I deleted was:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roming\Adobe\Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, zapping those three folders did the trick on my DC version (Win 11_22H2) . 

Problem came about after yet another Reboot-Me Microsoft update.  

Had to re-install Acrobat DC after tossing those three folders into the trash, but it WORKED! 

Knowing I could recover those folders from Trash if this didn't work provided a security blanket to experiment with.

Thanks Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have this problem too.

As I understand the offered solutions:

a. Uninstall Acrobat

b. Delete the left-over folders that don't get cleaned out in the uninstall

b. Delete yourself as a user and make sure everything in your entire user profile is backed up somewhere.

You have to be kidding. This is what I get for a hefty license fee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Douglas29879702jvha 

What happens when you try to open the Adobe Acrobat? Do you get any error message? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version, please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Also, try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

We use Acrobat Pro (subscription) managed by the Adobe Admin console with the installer package deployed from Intune. We have automatic updating enabled. For all of our clients who have the .2017x (May 2023) update applied we have this issue - Acrobat opens for a few seconds then closes with a 'Not Responding' error. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixes the issue but so far this is happening across all of our clients. Is there a way from the admin console to prevent the May 09 update from installing? Should we open a support case?

Thanks

-Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Derek25932123tstn 

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html, Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines