• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Extension for Chrome crashing and reloading for certain PDFs

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For certain PDF files, the extension crashes, then attempts to reload the document, then crashes again, etc. looping forever. Here's the stacktrace from the JavaScript console (URL changed from the real one):

tools-chunk.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'isBetaEnabled')
    at _callee5$ (tools-chunk.js:1:36102)
    at tryCatch (dc-core.js:2:269829)
    at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (dc-core.js:2:269568)
    at Generator.next (dc-core.js:2:270312)
    at asyncGeneratorStep (bootstrap.js:1:218361)
    at _next (bootstrap.js:1:218643)
2Navigated to chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmydomain%2Fmyfile.pdf%0A
TOPICS
Crash or freeze , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tbessie,

Thank you for reaching out.

As mentioned above, the issue occurs with specific files. Could you please confirm if you open these files from a particular location or drive?

Please share the browser and OS versions along with the Acrobat Pro DC version you are using.

If you have tried any troubleshooting steps, let us know.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was initially reported by our users on the latest version of Chrome running under Windows 10 x64.

I was not able to recreate this on Chrome 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (x86_64) on a Mac (MacOS Montery 12.3.1)

I WAS able to recreate this on Chrome 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit) running on Windows 10 on Parallels VM.

I WAS also able to recreate this on Chrome 102.0.5005.63 (Official Build) (64-bit) running on Windows 10 on Parallels VM.

The version of the extension is: Adobe Acrobat: PDF edit, convert, sign tools, 15.1.3.12

I'm not sure why you're asking about "Acrobat Pro DC".

This is happening in the Adobe Acrobat Chrome Extension, NOT in a standalone Adobe Acrobat app.

I do NOT have any version of the Acrobat app installed in the Windows VM.

If I load these files directly into Chrome, they don't appear to be loaded into the Adobe Acrobat Chrome Extension, but by Chrome itself.  At least, I do not see the displayed PDF surrounded by the Adobe Acrobat Chrome Extension toolbars.

Can you indicate how I can get the Adobe Acrobat Chrome Extension to handle a file loaded from the filesystem?  The extension appears active when PDF files are loaded into Chrome from a web server, but not from the filesystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines