• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Forms

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a form manually in Acrobat. I've copy and pasted blocks that repeat on each page.

When I fill out the name field in each block, the text also appears in the field on the following pages. Entering text on one page, the following pages have the same text.

Here's the thing though. The field names are all different! No form fields have the same name.

For example:

page 1: Likes/1, Dislikes/1;

page 2: Likes/2, Dislikes/2

It's driving me crazy. Please let me know how to troubleshoot this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the fields unique names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thansk, Did you read above? All the fields have unique names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see also this thread:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted screenshots below. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.27.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.27.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.27.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.27.57 AM.png

All of the fields are named differently but they are repeating. When I type on Page 1 it also appears on page 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.31.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.31.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.32.00 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you remove the / from the names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

removed that and still repeated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to recreate the scenario in my computer but had no issues. Can you confirm if there are other properties in these fields, like custom calculation script or a document script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no other properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are showing us only Page 7. If those are the same form field names as on page one, then the form fields are not unique within the form.

If you are repeating these form fields on eaxh page, I would look at using the Template within Acrobat to spawn each page and having that action rename the form fields automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, all the form fields have unique names in the document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think you would be better off if instead of copy an pasting you use the "Create Multiple Copies" .

You can start by creating a field with the formatting properties that you want. then ight-click on the field and select from the context menu "Create Multiple Copies".

You can assign a prefixed name that will help you identified and group the fields according to their fucntion.

For example, just create one field that says LIKES another one DISLIKES. Select both and "Create Multiple Copies"

After you've applied the action now your textfield names will look like LIKES.0, LIKES.0.1  and DISLIKES.0, DISLIKES.1

This is particularly useful because when you icorporate javascripting with adding formulas and such all you need is the Prefixed name of the field and not the whole LIKES.0.0.1.1 string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form fields need to be unique within the entire form not just on a page. If you need multiple pages of a given form, I would look at using the template object to create a template form which to create each page and hving the JavaScript spawning method automatically rename the fields on each page.

A Lesson in Templates for Adobe Acrobat an old article but it still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I used "create multiple copies" and the text is still copying onto the second portion. See imageScreen Shot 2019-09-21 at 11.41.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-21 at 11.46.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know... this would be very rare. You already unlinked all the fields by using the "Cretae Multiple Copies" operation. You should be able to type data individually on each field and you should not have the problem. If you didn't delete the text value when you created the field it will be carried over during the operation but that does not mean it should copy what you tupe in one field to another now. Delete the text of Field/1 hit enter; only that field should clear out and not Field/2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also forgot to ask , how did you created this form ? The calendar feel looks like you created this with an MS Office program and then exported the document to PDF. That said, were there any templates involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also ran into a similar issue once. If you've used the other copy option "Duplicate Accross Pages", it will copy the same field with the same field name. You won't be able to visually spot that the last created fields using the "Duplicate Accross Pages" option will overlap on top of the field that was there before,; since the fields probably has no colo filing in the box and it remains transparent, it may look that is only one field that was copied onto the next page, when in reality is the newly copied field sitting on top of the one(s) you already created. You will be able to spot this if you right click on any field and select "Show Tab Numbers". I will include a slide on my next reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my screenshot to support my last reply:

copying multiple fields.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Just checking if you were able to resolve this issue by applying recent updates to Acrobat or following any of the recommendations in this thread.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this thread, https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Fillable-Form-Issues/m-p/10614767#M150353a user recently was having a similar issue. She discovered after trying many things that she was overlaying a text field on top of another.

See if this applies to your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines