• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 and M1 Silicon

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC can run natively on Apple computers with M1 processors.  We have the Acrobat Pro 2020.  If I understand it correctly, Acrobat Pro will need the Rosetta emulation?  Anyone know if Adobe will have an update at some point to run Acrobat Pro natively with M1 processors?  Thanks

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/apple-silicon-m1-processor-support.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that article doesn't mention if the Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 is compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Classic versions of Acrobat - Acrobat Pro 2017 and Acrobat Pro 2020 currently do not support native mode.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Hopefully it can with Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Is there a plan/timeline for a M1 native version of Acrobat Pro 2020, or is this not happening?

If not, will there be a new version (Acrobat Pro 2022!) that will run natively on Apple Silicon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We do not have any information about M1 native version of Acrobat Pro 2020 or new version (Acrobat Pro 2022!). We will share the update as soon as we get any such information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After setting up new computers running OS Monterey with M1 chip, when I launched Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, it needed to install Rosetta.  When I launched Adobe again, I get the Sign in Now screen but Acrobat Licensing Application is blank.  One community response was to download and install the latest version of AAM (Adobe Application Manager) below but link took me to Creative Cloud.

It also mentioned to delete license agreement in preferences but this didn't work either.

I did the ‘ol restart but no go.  We use this app a lot for redaction, forms, translating to Word, etc. 

Any suggestions?  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Classic" versions of Acrobat (those with dates) are essentially frozen when they are released, just as products with permanent licenses always have been. Eventually there is an upgrade, you pay, and you get new features. So it would surprise me if Acrobat 2020 had such a major new feature. It might turn up in Acrobat 2023 or whatever (nobody knows Adobe's plans).  The subscription product, Acrobat DC, gets continual upgrades included in the price, so it is often up to 3 years ahead of the classic product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are not frozen when they are released, they received security updates and essential fixes, its just that they don't receive new 'features'. Providing native support for Apple Silicon is not a feature, and I'm rather disappointed that Adobe has still not got round to providing this option yet. Anyone purchasing a perpetual license (which is still available for this product, and very expensive) would have the realistic expectation that it would support AS architecture. Adobe should either drop this product completely, or provide it with proper support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I needed to download creative cloud install to get Acrobat 2020 to run on machine.  I uninstalled Acrobat, installed creative cloud and reinstalled adobe. Whew!  Didn't realize how much I used the functions of Acrobat until I didn't have them.  Thanks to all your suggestions and hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey MWSW, I have exactly the same problem with Adobe Pro 2020 on my new M1 MacBook. There is just a blank screen when I want to login and it always freezing in when I want to sign a document or change the desing in dark.

Can you just explain in a short version how it works with creative cloud? Did you installed the latest Adobe DC Version? How can you use your Adobe Pro 2020 license with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy short version - not a clue. 🙂 Online tech support told me to do that.  I don't use Adobe DC, only Adobe Pro 2020 so not sure how it works with Adobe DC.  But my issue was that when I tried to activate my license, nothing would happen.  Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you cannot use your Acrobat 2020 license to run Acrobat DC. What you have to install is the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Sign in to it. Don't try and use it to do anything else. Continue to run Acrobat 2020 as before. Maybe this link will work https://creativecloud.adobe.com/en/apps/download/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines