• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 Device License Activated with Serial Number Asking for Credentials

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've installed Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, on a Windows 11 laptop.

The installation files were acquired here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html

During installation, a serial number was input, for device licensing.

After installation, Adobe Acrobat Pro is requesting credentials upon launch.  Closing the credentials popup results in Adobe Acrobat Pro closing.

I have installed Adobe Acrobat Pro on many different machines, using serial numbers for device licensing, and this is the only machine on which Adobe insists on a user logging in to use the app.  This is not subscription-based licensing.

What can i do to solve this problem?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have the license assigned to an email account that has an adobe id created.  This way of installing perpetual versions was changed aby Adobe a while back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i appreciate the input, but am not convinced that's correct, as I've installed the 2020 version i referenced on many machines over the last few years, and have never encountered the issue.  i had thought the whole reason the 2020 version is used for this type of licensing, is because everything after that point requires the user login/register.  as i've understood it, the 2020 version is the last that allows the equivalent of device-based licensing.  

i neglected to mention in my original post;

the one difference with this machine, is that it previously had an instance of Adobe Creative Cloud installed.  it was uninstalled using the built-in uninstaller, and then the cleaning tool, but the subsequent installation of Acrobat 2020 is behaving as though Creative Cloud is still installed.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your point but that's how it is.  I install thousands of licenses a year.  Download Acrobat 2020 (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines