• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro creating Temp folder and locking it so backups do not work.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple systems runnign the same version of adobe acrobat pro.   Some of the workstations are being backed up and we will get an error for a temp adobe folder that is created.  The issue will resolve if the system is rebooted or adobe is fully closed. We have done a full uninstal and reinstall of adobe on those systems and it's 50/50 if it actually fixes the issue immediately. It does come backup. After the dunamis folder the name will change at the next time it's opened. It will be the same file the entire day and clears after it's been rebooted for sure.  I'm looking to see what is the cause of the issue to remove the chatter for a false positive error on backups.

Windows os - 10/11

Adobe version 64 24.2.20857

Adobe genuine service 8.5.0.43

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.dunamis\d225650b-9c1f-4738-97e3-94e805951049\v1\0

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Hi @kory375735478nlx ,

Just to update: 

This location is a logging component for Adobe apps, and the logging mechanism creates/manages this folder; the folder gets locked while analytics are logged. If this is still troubling, let us know, and we will share a way to disable it those affected machines. 

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

If you are using a work computer that is managed by the IT department, please reach out to your IT administrator. They will be able to submit a ticket through the Admin console, ensuring that your issue is addressed by the dedicated support team. This process helps to streamline support requests and ensures that you receive the appropriate assistance promptly.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

THe company I work for doesn't have an adobe license/account for support purposes.  The client does however the updates don't go to any of our techs..  I assume others have had this same issue and have seen the post upvoted once so i know it's not just one instance.  We have a few clients and they all have the same issue with at least one system but not every system.  The thing is they jsut may not use the adobe apps or backups are not setup on the workstation. I don't think I should have to open a case for eash client under their account when it's happening to multiple systems and mutliple clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kory375735478nlx

I can understand. Could you tell me a ballpark figure of how many users are experiencing this issue? Could we get in touch with a user/s who could assist us in getting more details of this issue?  

Thank you for reaching out and helping.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kory375735478nlx ,

Just to update: 

This location is a logging component for Adobe apps, and the logging mechanism creates/manages this folder; the folder gets locked while analytics are logged. If this is still troubling, let us know, and we will share a way to disable it those affected machines. 

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking at about 20 some odd systems right now spread out between workstations and servers in 4-5 different clients.  Yes let me know how to disable that on those systems please.  It's causing alot of chatter for backups as it gives an error and enough causes an alert  that then has to be reviewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand and am sorry for the frustrating experience, @kory375735478nlx

I am sending you the suggestion via private message. Let me know how it works at your end. 

Thank you for your feedback and patience.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines